Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • More hope servicing advice
  • jonb
    Free Member

THinking of a second set of wheels and want hope hubs. Are the pro 2 evos pretty much the same as the pro 2’s in terms of servicing? Can’t find a guide anywhere. Just done my Pro2 and it was really easy.

Are the tools the same or would I need a second axle/bearing support tool. I know I can do it with a socket probably but a £200 pound wheel and expensive bearings is worth spending another £8 to do it properly (assuming they are £8 like the pro 2.

Particularly interested in the freehub as that seems to have a different spacer/bearing arrangement.

coatesy
    Free Member

Not far off the same system, but the bearings are different. For the cost, it’s worth getting the correct presses, sockets usually have rounded edges which doesn’t really help their cause, and with the bearings being a press fit on the axles as well as in the hub-shell, you really should be exerting pressure on both the inner and outer race at the same time, something that’s not often thought of, and which a socket can’t do.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I have a pro 2 bearing tool kit. Some bits say pro2/evo on them (front bearings tools). Some only say pro 2, (rear bits) I’d be interested in the answer.

jonb
    Free Member
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘More hope servicing advice’ is closed to new replies.