Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • More bath Qs – thermostatic bath tap/filler
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Still pondering what to fit in my ensuite (I got my building warrant today!), it seems I can’t find a wall-mounted diverter on it’s own, and am wondering about a bath filler/tap with a shower output. I think the shower should be thermostatic, but would a thermostatic one be slower to fill the bath?

I can provide more background but it’s a bit complex, due to the shape of the bath.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a thermostatic mixer valve to our bath filler. It matches my shower one. Works well.

Shark optional.

midlifecrashes

I put one in to one of my rented houses, I think it is AquaLisa Midas. Bathroom was already tiled so I didn’t want to disturb it, but there was no shower at all which can put some folk off. On full hot or full cold, the water fills the bath more or less as it would with a regular tap, only when mixing is there a bit of restriction. Most tend to do one then top up with the other so it’s no biggie. Shower is excellent coming from a reasonable combi and good water pressure. Supplied shower hose wasn’t long enough though, so had to swap that to accomodate non ewoks.

Stoner
    Free Member

You can use a two stopcock valve:

or an outlet diverter

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta…stoner, I’m not familiar with the terminology, on your 2nd one, are the controls (from top) flow, temperature, bath/shower selector?

Stoner
    Free Member

yep.

The top one is flow 1, temp, flow 2 instead.

You can then install an overflow filler head in the bath like mine, and use a shower outlet in the wall for connecting your shower hose to. Looks nice, but you do have to makes holes in the wall.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you deffo need to fit a valve that stops you being a cock 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds like this is what I might be after? (i.e. I can use this with a bath filler, shower and only 1 set of mixer or thermostatic controls)?

trying to get it all on a budget, to look cool, and not have separate controls for shower/bath.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=outlet+diverter&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14119758912299904342&sa=X&ei=DBU1T7vrGrG20QXIlIWsAg&ved=0CHIQ8wIwBg

EDIT ta stone, I’m ok getting into the plaster, done that before, and I have a nice filler too. Sadly not all the websites have specs for how much depth they need 🙁

BigJohn

Do make sure the mixer(s) you buy are compatible with your hot water supply.

My hot water comes from a tank in the loft so the pressure is lower than the cold. That lovely bath mixer I bought from ebay didn’t work with it.

Bear
    Free Member

Have a look at Grohe products very flexible can do loads with them and they do ranges for most budgets.

Bristan are rubbish…….

Stoner
    Free Member

pffft, I found grohe over priced and with some tatty finishing on some of their lines. Have been impressed with the better Briston models. Have prism all through the barn.

Tomayto, tomahto….

globalti
    Free Member

You need Boundary Bathrooms, great prices and great choice. They will give you a discount on top of internet prices if you ask nicely.

Crosswater is good mid-price stuff.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘More bath Qs – thermostatic bath tap/filler’ is closed to new replies.