Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Moon on a stick – rucksack > camera > bike content…
  • Can anyone reccomend a small(ish) technical backpack, that maybe holds a bladder, is suitable for biking and can safely stow a camera and a lens, plus a little bit of biking kit?

Ta.

Sim

Lowepro Photo Sport 200. Takes a DSLR and a couple of lenses (depending on your setup), bladder and enough space for anything up to an overnight bivvy. Can be snugged up to be reasonably compact with the straps. Superb bit of kit, heartily recommended.

donsimon
    Free Member

Lowepro Photo Sport 200. Takes a DSLR and a couple of lenses (depending on your setup), bladder and enough space for anything up to an overnight bivvy.

How well protected is the camera equipment from the bladder content?
    I get the feeling this might be a silly question in the UK.

Cheers Sim – will check it out.

Ooh, snot cheap – mind you, I didn’t really expect it to be.

Sim

How well protected is the camera equipment from the bladder content?
    I get the feeling this might be a silly question in the UK.

I’ve never had a problem with leakage, just make sure your bladder cap is done up properly. The bag has a pull-out waterproof cover so if it does rain you can protect your gear.

wors

Does attaching a smaller camera bag to your chest via the d rings on normal rucksack restrict you on the bike any?

stumpy01

wors – Member
    Does attaching a smaller camera bag to your chest via the d rings on normal rucksack restrict you on the bike any?

Doesn’t really bother me. I sometimes ride with a Think Tank Digital Holster 10 with the associated chest harness.

First time I used it was out with Ciclo Montana in Spain, where the riding is pretty technical with a fair amount of hot climbs too. It was fine. You can tell it’s there, but it’s not really an issue.

Do the chest mounted ones have room for a lens?

stumpy01

The one I’ve got will fit my D80 with 18-135 in it, or with the bottom of it extended the 70-300 also fits in.
    No room for a spare lens though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Moon on a stick – rucksack > camera > bike content…’ is closed to new replies.