Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Monitoring your resting heart rate.
  • nedrapier

Not much to add on this. Vaguely interested in my pulse rate, but only when its 45ish and I can think “ooh, I’m quite fit”. Not interested if it’s much higher.

I’m only posting to say how much I enjoyed this phrase!

Takes some of the guesswork out of deciding how you feel

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh and does anyone know if myithlete works on ipads? I was gonna get a big tablet and flog my ipod touch.

BadlyWiredDog

nedrapier – Member

Not much to add on this. Vaguely interested in my pulse rate, but only when its 45ish and I can think “ooh, I’m quite fit”. Not interested if it’s much higher.

I’m only posting to say how much I enjoyed this phrase!

‘Takes some of the guesswork out of deciding how you feel’

You knew what I meant though. You can feel subjectively good and yet once you get on the bike, you go like a drain. Or conversely, you feel a bit ropey, but on the bike you actually go well. Using something like ithlete gives you a better indication of how well recovered you are than how well you feel. Or something like that. I don’t actually feel anything any more. I just do what ithlete suggests and alter the way I feel accordingly.

BadlyWiredDog

Oh and does anyone know if myithlete works on ipads? I was gonna get a big tablet and flog my ipod touch.

According to this, yes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hooked up a HRM last night while I was sat watching telly and it read about 48, so that’s a bit better.
    Tried the first thing in the morning test, but I think the alarm going off, switching it of, thinking of work and/or the morning glory send it a bit high.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Monitoring your resting heart rate.’ is closed to new replies.