Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – Feb 23rd– "Let’s Not Call Out Mountain Rescue" Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

As the weather forecast is less than fluffy we’ll keep off the hills and do the Bolton end of the Irwell Valley.

Gaze will be along shortly with the details.

Don’t forget, wear your Bell Stoker with pride!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do they allow you to time travel?

Harry_the_Spider

Oops.

Stealth edit is stealthy.

binners

I’m in

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I have a very strong hunch, knowing the trails, that this will be mudmageddon rather than anything else…

gaze
    Free Member

There will be mud.

The Queens
    Bradley Lane
    Bradley Fold
    Bolton
    BL2 6RA
    linky

There’s plenty of parking at the pub rear
    8:15 kick off

And most important bring money for beer.

nickc

I’m riding with Ed, who’s going to show me around, otherwise, y’know I’d be there like a shot…This weather warning, I’m pretty sure I asked last time that the weather be sorted for when I’m coming up. No?

dazh

What’s this about snow?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Forecast is wet shit, not white shit. Dip shit.

binners

Snow forecast for Saturday and Sunday according to the met office. I’m just picturing the contrast between the snow, and everyone’s new bright green helmets! 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Forecast is wet shit, not white shit. Dip shit.

Thanks for your incisive and most valued comment. Do join us and help us establish Rule 31A(rev B 2015).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just relised that you’re in Lancashire, not Southampton, so apologies for the comment. 😳
    Its grim up north.

Harry_the_Spider

Bike is in for repairs and the lamp bracket is still on it so I can’t bring my SS. I’m oot.

gaze
    Free Member

Been out this morning clearing a few paths, it’s really muddy and slippy. It should be interesting and it’s just started snowing here.

Bregante

it’s really muddy and slippy

if it’s owt like it was in my neck of the woods this morning, that’s an understatement!

I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to get there tomorrow while the Mrs is having a complete nervous breakdown about a hugely important interview / assessment she is preparing for at the end of the week. I’ll be playing it by ear.

Have a good one if not.

binners

Having just been out in the absolutely bloody freezing horizontal sleet, I have only 2 words to add…..

**** THAT!!!

Susan x

martinhutch

Having just been out in the absolutely bloody freezing horizontal sleet, I have only 2 words to add…..

**** THAT!!!

Susan x

I was out earlier and I tend to agree with that assessment, though!

gixer71109
    Free Member

Can’t play out tomorrow wife’s new shift is working till 9pm every other Monday. Told her I was not impressed that I could not go out riding my bike and going to the pub for a bevy. Her answer was short and to the point !!

duncancallum

I’m surprised you can still type baz…

Anyway

I’m planning on it. I’ve not been out all week.

gixer71109
    Free Member

Duncan
    I went up to the mast and back Wednesday after work. Should be out Wednesday night.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Looks like being a dry day… #kissofdeath

Who’s playing out then?

gaze
    Free Member

Roll call, who’s in ?

binners

Doesn’t matter what its like now. Looks like the full ‘lull them into a false sense of security’ effect is at work. Met office is saying for this evening: heavy rain, and high winds making it feel well below freezing. And its put so much water down anyway, it’ll just be a shite-fest

After a freezing cold dousing yesterday, I really, really just can’t be arsed with another one. I’m, just, like SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bored with winter now 😥

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m not bothering tonight, my back is niggling again.

dazh

I’m out unfortunately. My back completely siezed up at Gisburn yesterday and I’m now hobbling around like a 70 year old. And inevitably I broke another bike and I don’t fancy riding a rigid singlespeed with a dodgy back.

And I was so looking forward to getting soaked by freezing cold rain again 🙂

nach
    Free Member

Alas, I’m out due to a sticky piston.

binners

A likely story. As is some of the other ‘dog ate my homework’ nonsense.

Am I the only one being honest enough to say I’m not going out cos I’m a big fanny? 😆

Bregante

You’ve no need to tell us that binners.

😆

duncancallum

I’m trying to get my mojo up to come out.

I’m tired and had a particularly **** day.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Well I’m riding and so are gaz and Steve so that’s 3 of us! # wellhard

Clover

We’re in. As long as this train home isn’t delayed by anymore minutes.
    👿

duncancallum

I’m in.

I’ve just open a can of mtfu

Clover

On the way. It’ll be sunny when we get over the hill to Lancashire, won’t it?

dazh

Just drove home in driving sleet. Enjoy 🙂

gaze
    Free Member

Good ride last night , it wasn’t to muddy , no wind and it didn’t rain , the problem was the pub being ba***rd shut when we got back and even worse I had no beer at home.

Bregante

Rubbish planning that Gaz! 🙂

gaze
    Free Member

I hang my head in shame

wittonweavers
    Free Member

It was a good ride last night – thanks Gaz.

the ‘thought’ of the ride was far worse than the actual ride. Decent distance, relatively flat with the odd short steep bit thrown in for good measure. Plus i got to learn a lot of new stuff in my own back yard which is always a bonus.

9 of us out was a bit of a surprise in the circumstances – shows how much the MNPR has grown over the last couple of years!

Yes the pub was shut which was disappointing but on the plus side – a massive thanks must go to Chipps who had a bit of a garage clear out and brought down a load of gear – free gratis!

Knackered this morning. Knackered every Tuesday morning!

Strava

terrahawk
    Free Member

cheers Gaz. Nice ride last night.
    I loved the track by the side of St Peter’s Way, I never knew that was there!
    I’m sure this new knowledge will come in useful one day 😉

robj20
    Free Member

Looks a good route that, often thought of joining Clifton and Moses gate up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – Feb 23rd– "Let’s Not Call Out Mountain Rescue" Edition’ is closed to new replies.