Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Moelfre DH yesterday
  • ollie
    Free Member

It was my first time to a downhill event yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, It was great to get close up to the bikes and riders and have a chat with them.
    Hope you like the pics, I'm not very good with a camera!!.

Rickos
    Free Member

Nice! I think it's brilliant that we have the best DH riders in the world right now and you can go and race against them at a National.

kimbers

well i was down the road at caersws where the uplift numbers were a bit down on normal!

ollie
    Free Member

It was nice to see Peaty, Bryceland and Beaumont mixing with the spectators and other riders, and shouting encouragement to them as well.

A few more pics

100mphplus
    Free Member

You wouldn't happen to have any of riders 462, 292 and 116 would you 😉

The weekend was good up until the point where the anal commissaire took out the bomb hole 'bunny hop' up near the start which was seperating the men from the boys and resulted in a few 'non jumpers' sneaking into the results!!
    OK I appreciate why they did it as the air ambulance was ferrying them out nearly every hour :(, but hey could have taped it more as a chicken run than a flat out section that took all of the skill out of it.

ollie
    Free Member

100mphplus Sorry I haven't got any of those numbers.

A lot of riders really seemed to struggle with those two jumps near the end, which surprised me, They either rolled them or jumped the first, landed badly and completly messed up the second.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Yeh, there was a silly little lip on the 2nd landing which most riders couldn't quite make, so it was easier and faster to pump through the last two.

james0706
    Free Member

Hi, great photos ! Could anyone tell me exactly where this is, maybe a post cod would be helpful. Thanks

iolo
    Free Member

http://www.extremesportsmap.com/uk/spot_details.php?spot_id=1062

Really fast track.
    Good fun.
    Near Oswestry.

steveh

You can’t ride it outside of organised uplifts days or races though. Borderline events seem to run most of the uplifts there so check their website for dates.

anto164
    Free Member

You can ride there, just get in contact with farmer jack first and ask his permission.

He will also sort out a full days uplift for £250.

james0706
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone post a link if the website please and ‘iolo’ thanks but it doesn’t really show the location of it so of anyone else could help. Possibly a post code. Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Moelfre DH yesterday’ is closed to new replies.