• This topic has 41 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • MODS: Those ads on the right >>>>
  • grunty
    Free Member

Can you get the sound turned off by default?

Just got busted at work thanks to the dettol advert!

Grrrr

Drac

Mark is on the case, I’ll highlight this one too.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/video-adverts-nooo

flatfish
    Free Member

Very annoying ads.
    👿

DrP

Although, airwick freshmatic does sound tempting….

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

Although, airwick freshmatic does sound tempting….

I have just bought 10 and I don’t even know why.

I guess advertising does work!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Are many people on STW going to be interested in Scholl cracked heel sticks?

GrahamS

Are many people on STW going to be interested in Scholl cracked heel sticks?

Presumably the ads are supplied automatically based on common terms in the forum?

Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked. Elizabeth Hurley naked.

GrahamS

Just testing. 🙂

grunty
    Free Member

Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best dealsLake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals Lake MXZ302 Best deals.

I’m looking for a new pair of boots, if you hadn’t guessed

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. If it saves me googling.

Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals Cheap laptop deals

Jamie
    Free Member

/climbs on high horse

If the ad stream helps a resource that you use frequently, is it the worse thing in the world to have a few adverts? Yeah I block them on random sites, or pop ups, but a few sites I whitelist as I know its helping out the people running the stuff I am using.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been happy to put up with them for the love of STW but the ones with sound freaked me out for a while yesterday…couldn’t figure out where they were coming from. They’re disabled until they’ve been sorted. I will then switch them back on and click one every so often if it helps the site. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I bought my boy a scooter last night, after searching for the best prices.
    Logged onto STW and there popped up an advert from one of the scooter shops. With a bloody DISCOUNT CODE. EEEdiotz!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If the ads were less intrusive…………………..

Mark

If the ads were less intrusive…………………..

…they wouldn’t work and this site would be at risk.

It’s absolutely, honestly and fundamentally… that simple.

ALL subscribers have the opportunity to turn them off.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i subscribe… how do i turn them off? 😀

i’m PREMIER baby!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Us Premier types can reduce ads to save our delicate sensibilities. Pay STW, and save your work time browsing.

Come on, it’s better than working.

DezB
    Free Member

Phil – just click on Premier Account in the drop-down. The one that hangs off your name up the top.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

dan1980
    Free Member

I hadn’t noticed the sound. I keep my computer on mute at work until I need sound for something…. Saves me getting in trouble.

philconsequence
    Free Member

chars dezzy!! 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Guys – read the rules and edit your posts or be banned

Mark

Forgot to add that it’s my first priority this morning to track these sound emitting ads and set fire to them and put a rocket up the ad network manager that has let them through. They are the opposite of ads! You have my sincere apologies

stilltortoise
    Free Member

read the rules and edit your posts or be banned

To save me the effort can you tell me what you’re alluding to please? Having just had a weird noise on my computer I thought I’d got a virus or something stupid like that. I had visions of the mother ship at the end of Independence Day. If it’s just a silly advert…

Jamie
    Free Member

They are the opposite of ads!

Subtracts?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

track these sound emitting ads and set fire to them

When done, I’ll get you a pint

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Danny79
    Free Member

FAO Jamie there should be cheap deals on Acer laptops soon they’re about to dump a lot of unsold stock on the market http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2011/06/13/acer_stock_woes/

Jamie
    Free Member

Interesting stuff Danny. Wonder if there will be any 2nd gen sandy bridge models in there.

*heads off to google*

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Presumably the ads are supplied automatically based on common terms in the forum?

It’s better/worse than that.

You can also get ads based on things that you’ve looked at elsewhere on t’internet (hence MrSalmon seeing an ad for Scholl cracked heel sticks)

I’m currently seeing an ad for Dulux Colour Testers, even though I bought the bloody paint last week.

Maybe it’s time to look for another search engine – this is all coming from the company who’s motto is “Don’t be evil”

Mark

If anyone can send me a screen grab of the sound emitting ad I’d be very grateful.

mark@..

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I’ve got an ad for “The best fish and chips in Stockport”

Solo
    Free Member

Hhhmmm. But I don’t log in with my Premier I.D. and now, after nurturing such a wonderful profile on here, where everyone likes me 😯 😆 😥

I’d have to start all over again if I had to log on my P-Sub

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Ten pin bowling?
    Online arcades?

I’d really love to know why I’m getting those ads. I actually don’t mind targeted ads, but when they go so hideously wrong like the ones above then I really get put off.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Sorry Mark. No idea which one it was. I had STW open but in the background when I heard it. Not heard it since returning back to the site.

Solo
    Free Member

It was Facial waxing for me 😯
    *why does it always happen to me*

I mean, WTH ?.

I find a razor normally does the trick

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just got busted at work thanks to the dettol advert!

So you’re one of those annoying people in the office that has their computer bleeping away all day are you? I bet you don’t have your phone on silent either….. TURN THE SOUND OFF!!!! 🙄

Mark

Has it stopped?
    I’ve not been able to force it to appear but one of our Ad network providers has switched a suspect ad channel off. If they are not appearing we may have our culprit.

thebunk

Solo – Member

Hhhmmm. But I don’t log in with my Premier I.D. and now, after nurturing such a wonderful profile on here, where everyone likes me

I’d have to start all over again if I had to log on my P-Sub

I think you can link your STW login with your P-sub by emailing the subs team.

BigJohn

I’ve just been listening to Scholl heel repair kits, or some such intrusive racket.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘MODS: Those ads on the right >>>>’ is closed to new replies.