Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Moda Sola Ti.
  • bugcab
    Free Member

No reviews or tests anywhere. I have discovered it is Taiwanese frame with good spec components but interested to hear any word of how it would ride. Have there been any takers or even testers.

br
    Free Member

I thought WMB tested it late last year, or was it another Moda?

bugcab
    Free Member

Just searched their website but no hit. Thanks for trying. I have a chance to buy one at almost 50% off from bike store that is closing down but cannot find anything other than the distributors blurb.

loum
    Free Member

No chance of testing it yourself? Better than any “review”.

rewski
    Free Member

I saw it in the flesh at last years London Bike Show, nice looker.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

If its 50% off then i’d take a punt on it, you’ll be able to sell it on again easily at that money.

bugcab
    Free Member

No chance of a test drive as it is at the other end of the country. Whilst it is a very healthy discount I am a bit nervous at shelling out so much on a bike that there is just no feedback on at all. Cant believe that no-one has actually ridden one of these. Guess the are just too many ti hard tails for the reviewers to ride them all!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its a hardtail, theres only so many ways it can ride. Look at the geometry and weight and compare them to similar bikes and work it out.

I dont know why so many people feel they need to read a magazine review before spending money on a bike.

If its a bargain, go for it.

bugcab
    Free Member

I suppose £1500 for a new ti hardtail that lists for £2900 is a bargain in one sense but if it’s a lemon thats a lot of money dropped. The fact that I cannot find any owner, user or industry feedback does not instill confidence that the bike was worth £2900 in the first place. Whilst angles look pretty standard there is more to a good overall set up than these numbers. Any expert on geometry able to help more. 17.5 inch frame has the following, 58cm top tube, 42.5cm stays, 108cm wheelbase, 70 deg head tube, 73 deg seat tube.

wheelie

super bike by all accounts. Spoken to two people who have them. Only thing not too much mud clearance (IMO) and compared to a Soul / Soda

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Geometry sounds similar to a soul, but slightly shorter TT and slightly longer stays. is it one of these below? Looks pretty smart

bugcab
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the one. Similar geometry to Cotic soul/soda. That sounds good enough for me. thanks all.

fandango
    Free Member

If the worst comes to the worst and you hate it. Strip it down to the components and sell on.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Moda Sola Ti.’ is closed to new replies.