Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Misleading Singletrack Article
  • tootin

On page 63 there is an advert saying that there is a new Ambleside trail centre, is this true or is it just Biketreks advertising their shop, I can't find anything on the new trail centre anywhere

brant
    Free Member

So it's misleading advert then? Not an article?

Making your thread have a misleading title.

tootin

anyone?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Perhaps it's an early April Fool's joke ?? I can't find any other references to it.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

erm, do you think that perhaps they are talking about the lake district as a trail centre with their tongue firmly in cheek? Read it again and you'll see the references to 'hundreds of cafes and pubs'. 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes, well observed 🙂 Of course, the area beats the hell out of trail centres in terms of terrain and views, though the waymarking is extremely sketchy at best…

ampthill

I sort of thought it was tongue in cheek

but building work?

opens 1st Feb?

oh well we shall see

Ed-O
    Free Member

Come on. They're saying that Ambleside has all the facilities of a trail centre – parking, eating, great bike shop – and loads of great riding. It's the same way that Dales Bike Centre in Swaledale is a trail centre, or at least a centre of trails…..with all the facilities.

rOcKeTdOg

parking?? on a bank holiday? *chuckles*

sc-xc

Ambleside has it all. Churchills, Spar and a Co-op, a little cinema, 2 bike shops (one friendly, 1 less so), 97 shops that sell walking boots.

tootin

Tbh it wasn't that obvious, especially the first half

chakaping
    Free Member

I have to agree, doesn't make a lot of sense.

Not so much misleading as perplexing though.

Andituk
    Free Member

I thought it was a crap advert tbh…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Misleading Singletrack Article’ is closed to new replies.