• This topic has 68 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mr_C.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • misheard song lyrics.
  • samuri
    Free Member

Last night I dreamt of some dago…young girl with eyes like potatoes

Yeah, this was my first thought.

I always thought the last line of the Queen song One Vision sounded like Fried chicken & always thought it was just misheard, but in fact he did sing fried chicken.

Now there's a story… The born again christian movement heard that some rock bands were playing lyrics backwards in songs to enter at a subliminal level. I believe black sabbath (possibly) were playing words encouraging devil worship backwards on one song and one chap killed himself, like teenagers topping themselves is a bands fault…. the link was made by the media and the **** in the christian marketing team sent out the word that ALL rock bands were clearly evil. So much for love thy neighbour.

Anyway, the geniuses in christian house found out that queen were playing words backwards in songs and as a result labelled them as the most evil thing on the planet (not to mention, Freddie was transexual – this being 5000 times worse than letting a crowd rape your daughter on the christian wheel of fortune), so Queen were branded satan incarnate.

The words being played backwards? As above, Fried Chicken.

If there was ever a justification for keeping religion away from thick people you hardly have to look further than that.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Grimy – Member
    "whats she gonna look like with a chimney on her?" – Feel it by The Tamperer featuring Maya.
    WTF? The thing with this one being that I think those are the actual words, but suspect something got lost in translation?

A chimney is Italain mob slang for a Black Eye…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A chimney is Italain mob slang for a Black Eye…

Maybe so, but I'm positive I saw an interview with the artist back in the day and it was some bizarre reference to the Wicked Witch of the East getting smacked down by Dorothy's house.

sslowpace
    Free Member

UncleFred – Member
    Last line of Queens One Vision "Fried Chicken"

LOL, it is!!

A friends mum always thought Queen sang 'the devil has a sidboard for me' instead of 'belzebub has a devil put aside for me' from bohemian rhapsody

enfht
    Free Member

An old House tune called Insomniac had "I'm a Swede" instead of "I must sleep", OK so I always happened to be off my tits at the time but thats beside the point!

monsta
    Free Member

mrs frh on parklife: "hand in hand dayglow parklife" until when she was singing it and stopped half way when I said "so what are your lyrics for parklife then??"

IdleJon

Not song lyrics but BBC keep advertising a programme called Weenie Dancers.

I had to check the listings to find it's called We Need Answers.

5lab

no, no lyrics, just reach for the sky..

carlosg
    Free Member

Moby – 'why does my heart' always thought it sounded like the line ' he's kn****d a dog' not 'he's lost a dog' , lol no wonder his heart felt so bad!

Stevie
    Free Member

My friend used to sing-

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

-to a well known Hendrix song…. 😆

sc-xc

samuri – Member

…not to mention, Freddie was transexual

He was gay.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Eurythmics "it's all right babies come in bags"

marsdenman
    Free Member

This thread has taken me back more years than i care to remember –
    When Bat Out of Hell spent eleventeen years atop the charts…
    Mate of mine used to sing it as 'like a man on a hill i'll be gone……'
    and no, taking the mikey he was not 😀

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

anyone remember the maxell adverts?

the skids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFBjmdNPKo

desmond decker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxELSzay2lc

BikePawl
    Free Member

The there waa T'pau
    Their song "China in your hands" did sound like something completely different.

grynch
    Free Member

don't go around tonight
    it's bound to take your life
    there's a bathroom on the right.

(creedence man. )

jbig
    Free Member

Friend of mine thought for years that Stiff Little Fingers released a punk classic about 'Italian Lobster' (Alternative Ulster!)

stumpy01

Shabba Ranks' song 'Mr Loverman' – there was a Capital Radio phone in & you had to sing the next line…

should have been "Mr Loverman – Shabba"
    and the girl who phoned in blurted out "Mr Loverman – Trevor" live on air.

It was hilarious….

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Neil Young- Old King (off of Harvest Moon)

"….wasn't scared off jumping off the Trockenheim Pier"

in reality, it's "the truck in high gear".

AndyP
    Free Member

off of
    first against the wall.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

As a kid, I always wondered what a "dance settee" was.
    as in
    "Dance, dance wherever you may be
    I am the lord of the dance settee"

Also, not a song, but I never got why Rutger Hauer started gibbering about seeing sea breams at the end of Blade Runner

verses

I always thought that in "Steal my sunshine" Len were singing "My stinky pants were in the neighbours yard *something something something*" when in fact it was "My sticky paws were in to making straws out of big fat slurpy treats"

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought Aerosmith were singing 'do the funky lady' in all seriousness. Like it was some kind of dance move. Admittedly I didn't know the song very well.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Oh Andy.
    Please accept my apology.
    I'm hardly the worst grammatical offender on this forum though.

Old King, from Neil Young's Harvest Moon LP.

Happier now?
    You may ask the firing squad to stand down now, okay?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oh cinnamon, where will you run to…

I am the lord of the dance settee….

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

spent best part of 20 years singing "i believe in milko" to the opening line of hot chocolate's you sexy thing… not once did i wonder what milko was 😳

jojoA1
    Free Member

There's a dancy 'choon' the hook of which I keep singing as "I've gotta buy shoes so I'm ready for the weekend" It is in fact "I put onmy shoes and I'm ready for the weekend" I empathise with the first version more.

ratnips
    Free Member

REM sang "Call me when you try to wake her up" and not "Come and eat your bacon up" as I thought it was.

Ken Lee?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo

Mr_C
    Free Member

Just heard this on the radio and it reminded me that for years I thought Peter Gabriel was singing "She's so popular" rather than "Jeux Sans Frontieres".

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘misheard song lyrics.’ is closed to new replies.