Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Minimalist shoe options?
  • silverneedle
    Free Member

Merrel vapour gloves are the best, but at £65 a pair its very expensive as the upers are so weak and wear out regularly. There must be a better way. Any other ideas as im googled out? Feiyu pumps would be an option if the sizes fitted sadly they are either just too tight or too big. And im not wearing fivefingers. Vivo barefoots also expensive, have worse grip that wears out fast.

GrahamS

silverneedle
    Free Member

🙂

maccruiskeen

Feiyu pumps would be an option if the sizes fitted sadly they are either just too tight or too big.

I must be lucky as the 70 litre per minute Feiya self priming jet pump fits me just fine

pirahna
    Free Member

This is about as minimal as it gets.

http://xeroshoes.co.uk/

zippykona

Last year I saw a man in a pair of chain mail socks.

woffle
    Free Member

New Balance MT101s (whatever revision we’re on now). I’ve a pile of the originals and slowly working my way through the soles, pair by pair. You used to be able to pick them up new for £30-40 on eBay and Amazon.

surfer
    Free Member

Just started running in these. Very comfortable so far and really helping with my long standing ankle pain.

][/url]

chewkw
    Free Member

How about some Hi-Tec shoes ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does that really say hora on it?

finbar
    Free Member

What are those Hoka’s (not Hora’s sadly 😉 ) like Surfer? Not as slow as they look presumably?

surfer
    Free Member

They feel very good indeed. Only about 40 miles in but they don’t feel like they look. They have a slightly stiffer forefoot which means my stiffening big toe joint doesn’t have to flex as much which means I run without rolling my ankle etc and this is helping an ankle and achilles problem I have been having for a couple of years.

I did some research and bought them on recommendation of a number of people who suffer from this problem. I felt like Ronald McDonald and only went out after dark for the first couple of runs but they just fell normal now, plus they are filthy so less obvious 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

Ha!

My very good fell runner friend bought a pair of Hokas when they first came out and was over the moon they helped her run through her injury problems. Then the injuries caught up so catastrophically she quit running and became a swimming instructor…

GrahamS
    molgrips
    Free Member

New Balance minimus here. Light, thin, but padded and not stupid.

EDIT looks like they aren’t made any more though.. hmm.

silverneedle
    Free Member

Going to get the Xero z trek, looks the closest to Merrel Vapour glove other than no upper. fingers crossed for nice sticky rubber. Ta

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Minimalist shoe options?’ is closed to new replies.