Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • mini Rant – Olympics
  • grynch
    Free Member

the daughter of one of my colleagues skis for Team France ( that may be part of the problem ) and finished 14th… yes I SAID FOURTEENTH !!.. yes.. IN THE WORLD !! in her event.

Her mum just told me she is not happy and her daughter should have placed in the top 10 at least, but there were problems with the snow and with the weather and with the training and they trained in the wrong place and.. and.. .and…

Not to much pressure there? How about just be friggin happy`?———- fourteenth in the world !!

iDave
    Free Member

your level of accepting the crap doesn't lead to gold medals. these people are not normal in their expectations, otherwise she'd have been happy with being the 14th best in France and not pushed for more improvement… happiness isn't part of the equation. IMO

grynch
    Free Member

TC… true.. but give the kid some time to celebrate?…
    just my opinion and I've only known her (the mother) for a few years now but seems she has been pushing the kid since day one… I know that until the kid was like 10years old she never even saw a summer .. they would move from here ( switz ) to N.Z. every six months just to stay in snow conditions.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Blaming the snow and weather? Hmmmmm – did the top 10 race on different snow?
    Spilt and milk.

TheDBF
    Free Member

They're right, she's rubbish, tell her to take up draughts !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘mini Rant – Olympics’ is closed to new replies.