Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mini pump recommendations? – cheapish & pocket sized
  • JamesD
    Free Member

Need a new mini-pump, something that’ll go in a jersey pocket easily & will do mtb volume or road pressures.

Last one was a Blackburn AirStick but they’re not very kind on valve stems.

Any recommendations?

Ta 🙂

BristolPablo
    Free Member

I have a topeak pocket rocker master blaster which is good enough to put 100 psi into road wheels and small enough for a jacket pocket (though mine lives on the bottle cage mount)

CraigW
    Free Member

Topeak Race Rocket is pretty good, about pocket sized. It has an extendable hose, which helps avoid bending the valves.

JamesD
    Free Member

Cheers both, shall have a look at those.

enfht
    Free Member

Not crank brothers if you want it to work.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I use a Crank Brothers pump. Admittedly it is fiddly if you don’t read the instructions, but fine once you figure out how it’s supposed to work.

Need a second portable though. Ideally something with a gauge. So watching with interest for the alternatives.

Their customer service is beyond reproach though. At least, has been for me.

Del

topeak mini morph. will reputedly go to over 150psi. nice and easy to use, smallish, not that cheap, but very good.

matther01
    Free Member

Leyzne Alloy Drive. Had it since it first came out some years ago and is brilliant. Compact, light, robust and great at inflating comes in a range of colours too. Mine was about £20 3-4 years ago.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

+1 for the Lezyne

enfht
    Free Member

Admittedly it is fiddly if you don’t read the instructions, but fine once you figure out how it’s supposed to work.

Yeah until it stops working.

billytinkle
    Free Member

The Lezyne’s with their hose attachments make life so much easier in my opinion – I wouldn’t be looking at any other manufacturer.

matt1986
    Free Member

Topeak race rocket is brilliant really easy to switch between both valve types, has a felixable hose and will fit in your pocket. It’s also got my road tyres up to 100 psi before now.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Topeak race rocket & I’m very impressed so far.
    Replaced the Blackburn that let me down in the dark & rain last week.
    I don’t care about a ‘lifetime warranty’ I want the thing to work in the first place!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mini pump recommendations? – cheapish & pocket sized’ is closed to new replies.