Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Mini (new bmw versions)
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

They do on a Honda – seriously I once rang the AA and said I thought I had a front wheel bearing collapse. Turned out to be a problem with the brakes – AA guy rang me back on the way to see me and said he’d never seen it and would doubt it. Turned out to be right.

I’ve had wheel bearings go on Renaults between 120K and 150K and they were pitiful. I just feel below 100k is very short and is indicative of the car itself. Even Auto Express, who love Minis, gave it a fair scathing when they took it apart and why did the earlier version use an old Chevrolet engine? Problems will occur, it’s just when. If my 12 year old Honda is more reliable than friends’ 2 year old MINIs then it is my duty to slag them!

WipeOut
    Free Member

The Cooper S issues has a well discussed issue with the engine clattering like a diesel on start up.

Check this link out

http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-faults-fixes/136105-mini-cooper-s-engine-noise-when-cold.html

Currently a 120 page thread just on this subject of very unhappy customers and inaction by BMW.

This was the least of the problems I had!

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Mini (new bmw versions)’ is closed to new replies.