Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Minging camelbak content.
  • bruneep

Thought my water tasted a bit “off” so decided to give my camelbak a clean out. Started off by pulling through a tissue secured to a bit wire

😳 mibbe I should clean it more often.

andrewy

Well at least your immune system is working nicely, assuming you’re not posting this from a and e of course 🙂

bigbloke
    Free Member

That is minging, blimey you may even have a new organism in there. I just rinse mine out every ride then stick it in the freezer, no probs.

atlaz
    Free Member

I should clean mine but I’m afraid what I’ll find (uncleaned since 2007).

nuke

I have an irrational hatred of cleaning camelbak bladders. That’s why I normally just use water bottles these days except for particularly long rides…bottles are so much easier to clean.

wafty
    Free Member

Hmmm had similar myself, tasted a bit rough so decided to clean the tubes!
    I use milton fluid to clean it now and a dash of whisky in the water 🙂

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

looked at the picture before reading the text and wondered why you kept month old tampons in it…

JRTG
    Free Member

left some blue energy drink in my bottle which grew a very fetching vivid blue mold.. still havn’t cleaned it as i’m scared it’ll bite me…

spooky_b329

That hardly needed cleaning…when I do ours (I use a blob of wet kitchen towel over the nipple of a brake cable) it comes out black and slimey, but to look at the hose it just appears to have slighter darker blue patches. Only ever use tap water as well so no sugars or anything in there.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve binned several bottles on the road bike that had supplements in them that I forgot about. Luckily they’re cheap

hora
    Free Member

Washing liquid+hot water and shake/flush and repeat -put more in if tough mould

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

After riders just rinse through. Then hang it up and let the air get to it, take mouth pieces apart and store in draw. Store same way, hanging up. The air will keep it nice and bug free. Every 6 months or so I use a milton cleaning tablet and give it a good cleaning. Cheap as chips.

I do use the sugary electrolyte drinks etc

If you store it wet it will go black. Its the moisture that promotes the growth.

deadkenny
    Free Member

If it gets like that, Milton tablets, pipe cleaner for the tube.

Then after that after every ride, empty, remove valve end, and stick the bladder in the freezer until the next ride. Never again will you need to clean it.

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep milton fluid here or stick it in the freezer after every ride… 😉

bubbles
    Free Member

oooooo that’s minging maybe you should investing some steradent and a cleaning rod,or maybe you have a strong stomach.I spin mine around in big circles and only drink water from it.
    Oh yeah freezer works

bruneep

steeping in milton as I type. I “normally” keep it in the freezer, however I have been lazy at emptying and bunging it freezer.

New one on order just in case.

B

hilton83
    Free Member

*gag* I rinse mine with clean water and bung it straight in the freezer, first priority when I get home from a ride, I am thinking about getting the Milton out now though… Just to be safe

deadkenny
    Free Member

If it’s in the freezer, no need. The stuff won’t grow in there.

patriotfr
    Free Member

Never had to clean my Camelbak or Dakine (Hydrapak) bladders always used lime cordial in them the citric acid prevents mold growth 🙂

Camelbak suggest adding lemon juice to the water has the same effect.

Once found a weird looking substance in my Hydrapak but it turned out to be the dried up powdery residue of the High5 Zero citrus tablets that I sometimes use with the lime cordial. just poured some water in and it dissolved straight away emptied and refilled.

flow
    Free Member

Thats nothing!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I tied a knot in the pipe once and slid the knot up and down the length of the pipe to break up the white misty crap you cant really see. I put a mild bleach in it and oh it was so manky although it looked spotless. Havent used them since. So much faff!

downs523
    Free Member

A lot say they place it in the freezer after cleaned, it this after it has been completely dried or just emptied??

seosamh77
    Free Member

I used to use bladders but they do get pretty minging, why these days i just buy bottled water, stick a couple in my bag and one in the cage. 750ml bottles fit nicely into a cage.

Northwind

Have to admit, after taking a close look at mine I just decided **** that, I’m not getting in a scrap with that mold, it’s so well developed it’ll probably win, so I binned it rather than get subsumed.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

A lot say they place it in the freezer after cleaned, it this after it has been completely dried or just emptied??

Just rinse it, no need to dry

Russell96

Rinse it and then leave it in the freezer till I need it.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Minging camelbak content.’ is closed to new replies.