Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • mike oldfield
  • racefaceec90

i love this (the guy is super talented also) 😀 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIOR_evklw[/video] love dana skully (x files) playing the piano also 😉

project
    Free Member

Tubular bells , the first record i bought, and now the theme for the new virgin adverts, and the first record Virgin produced.

rickmeister

Tubular Bells, second album i bought in 73, after Dark Side Of The Moon….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is there (or has there been) a better multi-instrumentalist? I think not.

Musical genius, and I hope his legacy proves it.

project
    Free Member

Ive also got dark side of the moon, and most of Rick Wakemans stuff along with Mr Oldfields stuff.

Did you ever live in stroud, rickmeister,as a lot of had the same albums in the college there.

rickmeister

@ Project… no, and this was before college for me.. comprehensive school in Winterton, North Lincs…. only 200 of us at the school… !

Tubular Bells, DSOTM closely followed by Hawkwind and Deep Purple Machine Head… 6th form was Stranglers and punk… oh lordy…

duckman

Despite being a lot younger; 5 miles out is amazing.

CountZero

Oddly enough, I was digging out a bunch of albums tonight to rip into iTunes, to put onto my new 160Gb iPod Classic, and two I picked out were Tubular Bells and Hergest Ridge, which I prefer, in a lot of ways.

dekadanse
    Free Member

And oddly enough MO has a link with mountain biking. He named his 2nd album (those difficult 2nd albums) ‘Hergest Ridge’, which is a lovely hill above Kington in Herefordshire, on the Welsh/English border.

Years later I went there with my partner, now my wife, and at its foot we witnessed several strange beings swooping down the bunny nibbled track from above, grinning single-mindedly and like they came from another planet. They were mountain bikers, and it was this vision more than anything else which decided me that I wanted to try this bizarre activity to attain similar zen-like cool……..sadly the cool has eluded me, but nonetheless what tracks and trails my life has taken since that moment. So thanks MO, and thanks Hergest Ridge (do go and ride it if you’ve never been.)

tang
    Free Member

I went out with his niece. MO is a nice bloke.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve been a long time Mike Oldfield fan, my youth was full of Mike Oldfield LPs, the guy’s brilliant (he even did a good job on the Blue Peter theme tune!).

I think that he also had quite a battle with depression too.

trailmonkey

Is there (or has there been) a better multi-instrumentalist? I think not.

hardly frank zappa is he ?

Northwind

I found a jukebox up north that had tubular bells 1 in it. Best 20p I’ve ever spent…

Songs of Distant Earth is my favourite though, didn’t seem popular at the time

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I like beer, I like cheese…

I was at the gig this footage was filmed at. Great timing – Tubular Bells ended on one beat, Big Ben kicked in on the next.

Ommadawn. Or Five Miles Out, perhaps.

Mike Oldfield’s definition of a musician: ‘someone who can play one note and mean it‘.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘mike oldfield’ is closed to new replies.