Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Michael Shields pardoned
  • salad_dodger
    Philby

At last one of the most appalling travesties of justice has been put right!

I hope the individual who committed the original crime get his just dues – what a coward!

Best wishes to Michael Shields.

A Leeds fan – MoT

salad_dodger

Apparently Jack Straw pardoned him because he was told that someone else has confessed to the crime in front of witnesses.

Good news.

What will happen to the guy who was really responsible and made the oral confession?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

While I do believe he was innocent, it's also a fairly worrying circumventing of the justice system is it not? Surely, there must have been a judicial route for him to be found not guilty? I'm assuming one can't appeal a verdict one got in Bulgaria by appealing in the UK?

What say you BigDummy?

richc
    Free Member

I hope that the condition of the pardon was putting forward the name of the man who confessed, and agreeing to stand up in court to testify as much.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

agreeing to stand up in court to testify as much.

Quite right – in the world of footie bravado, who is to say the guy who 'confessed' only did it to impress his peers?

And as far as I am aware, there is no independent witnesses saying that MS didn't do it.

higgo
    Free Member

If there's one thing I like less than liverpool football club, it's miscarriages of justice. I'm personally convinced he did not do it and, as such, I'm pleased he's been pardoned.

Hopefully the last happy scouser this season!

Higs
    MUFC.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Michael Shields pardoned’ is closed to new replies.