• This topic has 27 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Michael Jackson memorial…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So – will the pallbearers be doing the Moonwalk as they carry the coffin?

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry has that been done? It just came to me this moment.

I shall go away and never darken the STW doors again. Possibly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d be most impressed if they did the forward moonwalk. Any old eejit can do the backwards one.

EDIT: I think CFH is referring to the amount of plastics that need recycling. If so, Flashy deary, last week’s calling, it wants its joke back.

uplink
    Free Member

do they have pallbearers & coffins at memorial services?

trailmonkey

Just heard Jesse Jackson on the radio claiming that Jacko had “left behind the greatest musical legacy ever”

Wise words Jesse, that Mozart fella is so over rated.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

do they have pallbearers & coffins at memorial services

Probably not, I was just having a bit of fun.

I will promise not to any more.

uplink
    Free Member
    tankslapper
    Free Member

This just in…

‘Funeral services for Michael Jackson have been set for 6am Saturday morning, in accordance with California’s mandatory plastic recycling pick-up schedule.’

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Just heard Jesse Jackson on the radio claiming that Jacko had “left behind the greatest musical legacy ever”
    He owned all the Beatles stuff – that’s a pretty good start

trailmonkey

BBSB, very good 😆

uplink
    Free Member

He owned all the Beatles stuff – that’s a pretty good start

Nah – he initially bought the publishing rights but then Sony & him merged other titles so he had a 50% share of the publishing rights which would earn him ~25% of any royalties

tankslapper
    Free Member

The Drugs Enforcement Agency raided the Neverland Ranch following Jacko’s death, and found Class A in the bathroom, Class B in the kitchen and Class 4C in the bedroom

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

yup, but he’s still leaving a fairly substantial musical leagcy. Not much of it his own it terms of what he did to create it..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

tankslapper – that just got passed round the office and went tdown like a child at Neverland

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

oops – banned

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

This could be the best practical joke / career comeback EVER!

If he pops out of that coffin in the middle of a Thriller recital then I’m a fan forever!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

eek the collective hand wringing is nauseating, where were they when he was skint, accused and needed some mates. Bloody hypocrites the lot of them, let’s hope the bandwagon runs them over.

hora
    Free Member

rogerthecat I’m nodding. Its like a sermon/church service for a saint/Mandela.

Not an 80’s singer who was dogged/mired in sex allegations against minors.

uplink
    Free Member

Hora – why the hell couldn’t you have spelled minors incorrectly?
    The comedic value would have been immeasurable 😀

duckers
    Free Member

I was just watching the ‘show’ and they were reaching the end of a big song and it was building up as if something was gonna happen and I was expecting the coffin to burst open and the man himself blast out the final chorus, what a cynical, disbelieving, untrusting world we (I?) live in.

The man is gone but the glove lives on! chamone!!

hora
    Free Member

Duckers, shamone brother!

hora
    Free Member

AndyP
    Free Member

Still sadly lacking in mawkish grief compared to your average scouser.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Well, i watched that show last night, and it was brilliant. I haven't laughed that much in ages. fair enoigh, it was in the pub and the commentary was suberb
    "He's ging to touch the coffin"
    "What coffin? OMG there's a coffin in front of the stage- is he going to touch it?" "HE'S TOUCHED THE COFFIN – "

"When a black man turned up and asked for a nice suit because he was going to a funeral, did Smokey Robinson's taylor think he was dealing with Stevie Wonder?"

"Did the Jackson Five (EDIT: Sorry, Four) think that 4 pairs of gloves wa a bit extravagent, so just bought 2 and shared them out?"

"Does this mean we'll be seeing more of LaToyah?"

Brilliant, when's the next one?

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Watched some footage of this on breakfast telly this morning.

Unbelievable.

So incredibly bad that it was good!

Must refer to them as the Jackson Four from now on!

😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

do they have pallbearers & coffins at memorial services?

In this case – yes they do.

😛

What a crock though – and I cannot believe it was covered live by terrestrial television.

DezB
    Free Member

Just caught a bit of it on breakfast news, where some dopey woman (expert?!) was discussing it. Were they all really wearing shades at the funderal?
    The mention of his son's name was just the icing on the cake! 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Michael Jackson memorial…’ is closed to new replies.