• This topic has 56 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • merry Christmas LBS good ones you go to
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheltenham Cycles very very good not that I spend much money in there 😉 😉

twistedpencil

Northwest Mountain Bike Centre for me, they look after me and the family and support racing by supporting athletes and local clubs, most notably Bruntwood BMX Club. Cheers chaps, will be in shortly with my Xmas vouchers!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

+1 Sprockets in Killie 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stonehenge Cycles in Salisbury. Everything a LBS should be. Oh, and they have a tame Scooby. Not sure if he’s fully house trained, but he’s certainly tame.

edlong
    Free Member

garage bikes at morley. competent, friendly and most importantly (given the thread title)… local

+ a million, happy Xmas team GB..

MoreCashThanDash

Not local but the Brake Pad at Kirrioughtree were so helpful with a hire bike for LittleMissMC that we impulse bought her one. Despite my real LBS in Derby being a Frog dealer as well.

lapierrelady

Stif in Summerbridge. It’s an hours drive, but I will be riding both sides of Christmas thanks to their quick work on my forks. Amazing service!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Melksham cycles, here in Wilts, the shop is a tight fit with more than two customers as they are full of bikey goodness.

ianbradbury

Bothy bikes, Aviemore

milky1980
    Free Member

Do my best to avoid bikeshops – but when needs must. The only bike shop I trust my bike, and wallet with, is Sunset Cycles in Cathays.

Same here, the only shop in Cardiff that hasn’t tried to rip me off or given glaringly wrong advice! Both of my current MTB’s came from them and the advice they gave was spot-on. The wheel guy (Craig?) is very good! I haven’t needed anything for ages so haven’t been in there for a good 6 months or more, no online orders either!! I’ll be annoying them for XT 11 speed and a new Garmin in the spring though 😀

I know experience is somewhat subjective, but I have always found them quite cold in there.

I rather like the way they don’t try to be your mate instantly, people that do that always make me wary. I like being able to go in, get the part/advice I need and get out. If it’s quiet they’re happy to talk for a bit but if it’s busy you still get the advice and service but no time-wasting, how a shop should be.

mooman
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    What is it about Sunset, mooman? I know experience is somewhat subjective, but I have always found them quite cold in there.
    EDIT: I should add that I am always open to being convinced.

I not bothered in slightest if guys in shop greet me like their long lost brother, or a guy who just walked off the street.
    As long as they not blatantly rude, do the job I want them to do, in the time they say they will and for a price I am happy with … then I am a happy customer.

Unfortunately over the years, I have visited most of the better known bike shops in the area looking for the LBS-nirvana, and only Sunset have ticked the boxes.

Ps. Rush from Porthcawl also ticked all the boxes. But they were not local – and I do not even know if Colin still has the shop anymore??

chakaping
    Free Member

Buyabikedirect at charnock richard have always been very good to me over the years, Pete and the staff are very helpful and friendly,

Good to hear there’s another decent option locally.

I’m very happy with Winstanleys’ service and only usually stray from them to Jason and Neil in the little hut at Horwich.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The Trailhead in Shrewsbury, small but packed to the rafters with kit & great staff.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Holy Spokes in Leeds. Top guys, great service work and can get most anything in

tomkerton
    Free Member

Slam69 for mtb and fat bike in Gloucester. Really good.

SaxonRider

Well, I just returned home from a 3-day visit to Ambleside in the Lakes, and I now have two locals to add:

Ghyllside Cycles

and

BikeTreks

The guy I spoke with in BikeTreks was phenomenal, and full of information. If I lived up there, I think I would be in LBS heaven.

z1ppy

Missing link in Droitwich, as above Mark/mboy & his merry band are more that willing to go that extra mile to help & talk more bike than is healthy (I love it)

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘merry Christmas LBS good ones you go to’ is closed to new replies.