• This topic has 56 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • merry Christmas LBS good ones you go to
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

The bicycle doctor
    Bought my sons bike there, friendly and helpful.

Eddie Mcgrath
    Been loads over the years and very good, now changed hands and is more MTB focused worth a look in if you haven’t been in for a while.

Keep pedaling
    Lovely shop, friendly with lots of fat bling.

Ken Fosters

Helpful and good all round shop.

Blazing saddles

Friendly and helpful

Where do you go to?

Happy new year LBS

SaxonRider

Bike Shed in Cardiff.

I live just up the road, and have been hanging about their shop for about ten years. When I was laid up for many months a few years ago, first with a broken collar bone, then a double prolapse in my lower back, I used to take consolation from stopping in for a chat and looking at the bikes.

Top guys.

jakd95
    Free Member

Plush Hill Cycles in Church Stretton. Always very helpful and friendly. Would always go to them first if I need to go to a shop.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Bike Scene, Guisborough. 40 odd miles each way but that isn’t important AFAIC.

woody21
    Free Member

Stanley Fearns – Matlock: quick and efficient service

18 Bikes – Hope; friendly, Knowledgeable and excellent savings

Harry_the_Spider

Cooksons in Whitefield (North Manchester).

aP
    Free Member

Condor – Grays Inn Road – road, cross, clothing, bits especially Campagnolo
    bikefit – Lambs Conduit St – bromptons, bits, etc
    Imperial Cycles – Isleworth – servicing, tub gluing, EPS build, general other stuff etc
    Brilliant Bikes – Chobham – Brompton bits, like everything….
    Two Wheels – Amblecote – mtbs, tricky things involving suspension and disc brakes, general other stuff…
    Dave Mellor – Shrewsbury – clothing, bits, impulse purchases (oops)
    Charlie the Bikemonger – bike packing bikes and gear, err… Hip flasks

volksman
    Free Member

Andy and his crew at two wheels Amblecote , not local to me as i live in the FOD but have been going there for years, always friendly and helpful. how on earth do they get all that stuff into such a small shop amazes me . best bike shop on the planet

stuc
    Free Member

Bache Brothers in Lye, Stourbridge.
    Brought together a nice selection of brands. Well stocked. Quick and quality turn around in the workshop too. Sorted out a couple of warranty issues promptly. Good selection of demo bikes.

cokie

Banjo Cycles & Specialized Concept Store, Hambridge Lane, Newbury- owned by the same chap. Great service, cheap workshop costs, good range of kit and lovely people.

AW Cycles, Reading- Nice guys and very helpful with huge range of bikes

Mountain Mania, Goring- Great shop with some interesting bikes, staff always have time for you and great service.

The Missing Link, Droitwich- Mboy from the forums runs it. Endless good advice and really nice chap & gave me a fantastic deal on a bike

18 Bike, Hope- Excellent service, great prices and nice guys

julzm
    Free Member

The Breakpad – Kirroghtree Sam and Phil always very helpful and loads of knowledge. We buy all our bikes there.

Alpine Bikes – Glentress. Ally, Cameron and Andy are always so helpful no matter how busy they are, and it’s a very busy place.

iain65
    Free Member

Cotswold Cycles – continued support for the local riders who want to race both on and off road.

Iain.

egb81
    Free Member

Chaos Cycles in Bristol. Nothing too posh and they don’t even sell whole bikes but for essentials it’s great. Friendly staff, very knowledgeable and keenly priced as it’s basically an indoor market stall.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Been using Mugdock cycles in Glasgow recently and Keith has been extremely helpful everytime I go in. Also Evans in braehead.. nothings every too much trouble for the guys and girls and always go out there way for you..

coomber
    Free Member

Soanes cycles in Colyton

Brilliant service and great staff.

Tracey

18 Bikes. Always helpful, knowledgeable and professional in everything they do.

thered

Swinnerton’s in Stoke – Always happy to look after you.

Houns

18 Bikes
    Two Wheels
    Bache Brothers
    CTBM

jamesmio
    Free Member

Next Level & CD Cycles, Castle Douglas

Ae Bike Shop

G&G, Dumfries are all about as local to me as each other and all super helpful.

roverpig
    bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Biketreks in Ambleside. Always greated with a smile and go out of their way to help you out.

slider888
    Free Member

Cycleworld chester-le-street. Popped in once, now i ride with them all the time.they’ve took me all over and taken my ridin to another level. they’d rather not sell than sell you the wrong thing.

phil40
    Free Member

Liphook cycles, road focused but proper old school bike shop 🙂 loads of nice kit always ready for a chat and helps out a lot with the local race scene! No matter what the weather!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Kontour in Polegate for very local bits, always rammed with ye olde bicycle shop repairs, very helpful. Proper old skool.

Evolution Cycles in Eastbourne, very good at sorting out my hamfistedness.

South Coast Suspension for boingy bits servicing, runs on Jaffa cakes!

copa
    Free Member

Cyclopedia in Cardiff. Log fire, a dog and great attitude. Unlike some places, they’re happy to fix and find bits for a 20 year old bike. One of those shops where I feel they should be charging a bit more.

anotherstan
    Free Member

garage bikes at morley. competent, friendly and most importantly (given the thread title)… local 😆

sargey

Bache bros up the lye

Two wheels amblecote

senorj

Bike & run, East Finchley.my lbs,quality humour and banter,plus cycles.
    Cycle wise Whinlatter .Helped me out a couple of times this year when they didn’t have to.

SaxonRider

Cyclopedia in Cardiff. Log fire, a dog and great attitude.

Isn’t that quite a tiny little shop on Crwys? Where is there room for fire?!? 😯

I’ll have to stop by some time.

At the opposite end of the country is Ride On in Rawtenstall. I have only been in a couple of times, but the people I have spoken to have been great.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Buyabikedirect at charnock richard have always been very good to me over the years, Pete and the staff are very helpful and friendly, also Absolutecycles near ormskirk are great to deal with, Dave and Justin always seem to go above and beyond, so these will continue to get my custom 🙂

iainc

Glasgow area :

Sprockets in Kilmarnock – great kit, always good on price and Dave knows his way round the spanners 🙂

Dales – handy city centre, huge range, good pricing, some very smart mechanics.

Mugdock Cycles – nice kit, great spot mid ride, Keith is a gent 😀

Denis99
    Free Member

Skyline Cycles Glyncorrwg.

Excellent service, advice and friendly knowledgable staff, what more could you want.

copa
    Free Member

Isn’t that quite a tiny little shop on Crwys? Where is there room for fire?!?

I’ll have to stop by some time.

Yep, that’s the one. It’s pretty small but long and narrow. Now you mention it, I’m not sure if I’ve imagined them having a wood burner but it’s got that kind of vibe.

coatesy
    Free Member

Fire’s next to the counter, and the latest dog is called Frank.Good bunch of guys, always willing to help us out if we’re stuck.

cakefacesmallblock

Spoiled for choice relatively locally. All very good.
    Bache Bros at Stourbridge ,
    Overspoke in Bewdley,
    Back on Track at Malvern.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

DG2 Wheels – always found him to be friendly & helpful.

cardo

Lovelo Cycle Works in Berko – Great guys, knowledgable just spot on.

parkesie
    Free Member

Well catered for in stoke
    Brian rourkes
    Goldtec
    Swinnertons

Hampshire way
    Liphook
    East street and hoops velo

Wiltshire

Pewsey Velo
    Bertie mafoons

All great shops with passionate friendly staff

mooman
    Free Member

Do my best to avoid bikeshops – but when needs must. The only bike shop I trust my bike, and wallet with, is Sunset Cycles in Cathays.

SaxonRider

What is it about Sunset, mooman? I know experience is somewhat subjective, but I have always found them quite cold in there.

EDIT: I should add that I am always open to being convinced. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘merry Christmas LBS good ones you go to’ is closed to new replies.