Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Merlin Cycles – good service
  • Pook

again Merlin have performed brilliantly.

Put an order in for some jockey wheels on Monday. Email Tuesday morning saying they didn’t have the ones I’d ordered, but would some better ones do? Same price of course cos of the inconvenience.

They’ve arrived today.

Good work Merlin.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Merlin are great. Fast deliveries and great prices!I ordered a new 10 speed rear mech which was shown as being in stock, but wasn’t. They emailed me to say sorry and offered me the newer more expensive rear mech at the same price. It turned up the next day. I can’t fault them. 😀

Rockape
    Free Member

Merlin are brilliant. Use them all the time never had a problem and so fast at delivery. 😀

dantsw13

+1

spacemonkey

+1 here too.

powerofqman
    Free Member

They’re also great on the phone too if you need to call for advice. Even advised me to buy a lower priced brake set because it was better and easier to maintain! Top blokes!

hora
    Free Member

How they dealt with my warranty issue on a frame was brilliant. Parallel to this was on another item with Winstanley was frustrating and drawn-out.

globalti
    Free Member

By contrast Merlin sold me a set of Rebas. I rode them about 100 miles, during which time they leaked oil continuously from the top of the RH leg. I took them back and the ginger beardy behind the counter snarled “you’re supposed to maintain them!” and more or less accused me of lying when I said they were almost unused. He grudgingly took them off me and when I got them back 3 weeks later they were no better so I sent them to the importer who couldn’t have been more helpful. They are in my garage now waiting to go on Eblag because I’ve been using rigid carbon forks and have realised that you don’t actually need suspension forks.

cp

They are brilliant – reliable, quick to respond to email q’s, honest, quick to despatch.

hora
    Free Member

globalti you don’t even need forks fullstop. We all transcend the trails during our trance from our Yoga room in Chorlton. 8)

sefton
    Free Member

the best – always next day delivery!!!

Matt24k
    Free Member

Hora
    I only know of you from your posts on here but you appear to be the most experienced returns and warranty claimant in the history of mtb’s.
    Could you tell us your top 3 and bottom 3 companies to deal with?
    I am slightly taking the wee wee, but I feel it would be good if you could share your expertise in this area.

hora
    Free Member

Its mainly been fork issues. I’ve never had an issue with Fox forks. Its all Rockshox.

These forks for instance have had a complete new compression and rebound units fitted within two months from new

Yet the rear mech has been on every bike that I’ve owned since 2002.

I personally avoid Winstanley, CycleSurgery and although not a bad company (or bad customer service) I tend not to order from CRC now.

You only really start to experience a company when you have an issue that needs resolving. Merlin were quick, with updates etc over a frame issue.

SBrock
    Free Member

+1

Ordered X9 rear mech (cheapest anywhere) last Friday 2pm’ delivered next day 8m – excellent service.

timnwild

By contrast Merlin sold me a set of Rebas. I rode them about 100 miles, during which time they leaked oil continuously from the top of the RH leg. I took them back and the ginger beardy behind the counter snarled “you’re supposed to maintain them!” and more or less accused me of lying when I said they were almost unused. He grudgingly took them off me and when I got them back 3 weeks later they were no better so I sent them to the importer who couldn’t have been more helpful. They are in my garage now waiting to go on Eblag because I’ve been using rigid carbon forks and have realised that you don’t actually need suspension forks.

Globalti – if they’re fixed now, I might be interested. Pics and prices off-forum? timDOTwildATrazorfishDOTcom ta

Matt24k
    Free Member

In my experience ie on line and on the phone Merlin have been great. I bought some Revelation U turns from them last year and there was a small problem with the them. Merlin sent me the parts, free of charge, after I called them and spoke to a very helpful chap.
    Trying to ring CRC on the other hand not so easy but their new Collect+ returns procedure worked really well for me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Merlin Cycles – good service’ is closed to new replies.