Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Merino Ts
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Anywhere to get a merino T that looks a bit more stylish than a vest, ideally not at “hump-me” Howies prices?

gingie
    Free Member

Heya,

Check out this site, they do some cool Merino gear
    Embers Merino

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I like icebreaker stuff. Its very slinky too as an added bonus. 🙂

You get what you pay for ime – cheap merino wool base layer from bike co is now almost see through and falling apart after 1 winters use whereas icebreaker ones still fine.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Don’t know how much Howies cost but try Rapha. I’ve got the long and short sleeve ones and can highly recommend. They are 100% fine knit Merino, wash well and keep their shape. If you buy the three pack bundle not a bad price.

simon_g

Mine are mostly icebreaker too – they wash fine without any special care and last nicely. Not much cheaper than Howies in the UK though unless you find them on sale, my gf and I always stock up when we pass through NZ!

mieszko
    Free Member

I bought a Trekmates 100% merino base layer. They were available online last time I checked. Check eBay as well, prices from £10 to £20. It’s a normal plain black t-shirt might not be the most stylish look however my OH never said I can’t wear it outside so it can’t look that bad. No problems with it shrinking after 10 or so washes, really good quality considering the price. Sizing is also ok, mine is size Large and fits great, not too loose or too close fitting and I’m 5’10 and usually fit into Large or Medium.

Dr_Bakes

If you’re near a Decathlon try their Quechua Techwool 100% Merino T’s on for size. They’re only £20 and I really like mine having worn it regularly for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I’ll get another next time I’m in there.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Okay, it’s not a t-shirt but this long sleeved icebreaker from evans is a good buy at £35 (1/2 price)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Remember though it depends whta thickness of merino you want and for doing what activities. Icebreaker’s website is really good as they start with a 150 which is super thin and light weight for hot summers up to super thick skiing base layer.

I have LS tops from Embers and they are worth every penny although they are thicker and more a medium weight base layer.

I have one medium/thick SS Icebreaker Tee which is also great. I really want a 150 weight Icebreaker for travelling in the summer.

orena45

Bought a merino wool T from Finesterre last week and been wearing it riding into work this week – seems good so far, bit on the thin side so good for summer commutes and seems to wick well. Plus they’re local to me (Cornwall) so feels like I’m supporting a local business 😀

ElShalimo

Try MountainFactor – they’ve always got deals on base layers

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Munqe-chick
    Ladies Dash Zip and Atlas Crew on sale at Evans at £30 and £25 respectively. They are the lighest weight that Icebreaker make.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Technically thanks for that! They didn’t appear when I had a look earlier guess they were in a different heading. They do, do one thinner than that but 200 looks good. Thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all, I want a T for hanging out in on holidays that don’t need washed, ideally with a logo or some styling.

The Raphas aren’t too bad at £110 for 3. Do the On one ones look OK on?

BadlyWiredDog

Smartwool does a microweight tee, good quality, up with Icebreaker ime. Also, Sprayway is doing tees in a merino/cocona blend

http://www.sprayway.com/products.php?product=285&cID=34

Handle moisture a bit better than pure merino.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I like the Embers one as they have a subtle pattern on.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Naw Embers in ma size ken.

Howies look nice, might just wait until their next sale…

Oh are bamboo ones similar in anti-ming terms?

crazy-legs

I’ve got one of the Rapha V-neck ones, it’s very nice. 20% discount on their merino baselayers if you use the code MARSHES11 at the checkout.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Bamboo is heavy when wet and takes an age to dry

ocrider

If you’re near a Decathlon try their Quechua Techwool 100% Merino T’s on for size. They’re only £20 and I really like mine having worn it regularly for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I’ll get another next time I’m in there.

Got 2 in the sales down my way at €12 a piece!
    1 was a perfect fit, the other had shorter arms. It was a bargain, but QC at Decathlon is sometimes hit and miss.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Merino Ts’ is closed to new replies.