Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mega Avalanche gearing.
  • jonzo
    Free Member

Orange Five AM with… single 34t with full chain device or 34t with granny and chain retention device?
    No hypotheticals please only experiences.

leebaxter
    Free Member

34 will be fine generally, unless your there for the win where a 36, maybe 38 is better for some parts of the qualifier, where you will spin out quickly with a 34. usually though you find you will not be pedalling much on the downhills. Double or single, take your pick- either suitable.

swisstony
    Free Member

depends what you’re like climbing with the single on, if you’re ok go for the single, if you need some help keep the granny. I just kept my normal setup, 32t and granny which was fine.

jonzo
    Free Member

My concerns are mainly around the uphill sections really,

leebaxter
    Free Member

there are a couple of sections at the bottom of the mega where you might use granny, but they are short, and running them is alright.

mildred

Always just run what I use in uk – 22&32 double + bash with e-13 chain device. One tip, on a 5, try to run a short cage mech as longs slap around loads.

seanoc
    Free Member

If you’re the type of chap that’s going to be using your granny on any of the sections where a granny is remotely perceivable then it’s safe to say you’ll be toward the end of the field thus will be pushing up these sections behind others who, like you, will be pushing.

jonzo
    Free Member

Sounds like 34t single with chain device might be the job then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mega Avalanche gearing.’ is closed to new replies.