• This topic has 91 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Meeting women
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Whats the best way? Internet dating?

Parties?

Supermarkets?

Anyone care to share their experiences?

thomthumb
    Free Member

grab em, tape em, throw em in the back of our van; sorted 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, that MissGulliver and her sister appear to be game…..So, why not just try posting on a random internet forum?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

At the Big Bike Bash of course!

There are some real hot women in some of the bands that are playing there.

hora
    Free Member

relearn to make eye contact. There will be girls around you at work/social group etc who will give you signals but you dont pick up on them.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thanks hora good tip.

WCA shes taken!
    PS back at work …

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There are lots more bands queueing up. Use the casting couch to decide which you want to play there.

Good to see your back at work. Any women near you?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

relearn to make eye contact.

Fine line between ‘eye contact’ and pervy learing

Try something chivalrous (yes that’s probably spelt wrong) like putting your coat over a puddle for them (nick a coat off a tramp first though!)

Conor
    Free Member

From my recent experience, your local butchers. Or STW.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Naked house painting party??

Unfortunately me and MrsWCA can’t make it.

djglover
    Free Member

Student nightclub

TheYeti
    Free Member

Friends of friends. Always the best way. Just make a big effort to broaden your social circle and it will happen.
    Internet dating is ok if you can handle repeated judgemental rejection. A lot of poeple on internet dating sites would like to be at a stage where they could be in a relationship but actually aren’t. That’s why they are there.
    Hobbies is a good one too. But not mountain biking – not enough women involved. Rock climbing is better, if you are into that.

Harry_the_Spider

Join a gym.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I was going to start climbing again..

My mates an instructor.

Will give hime a bell.

conkerman
    Free Member

Have no shame, say nice things. Ladies like compliments. If you get the knock, be nice about it.

Go the pub and get some practice. Opening converstion with random people can be fun.

Freinds of friends can be good.

Conks

miketually
    Free Member

Well, that MissGulliver and her sister appear to be game…..So, why not just try posting on a random internet forum?

Buy some video cameras, set up a “production company” and advertise for people with “issues” to come and talk to your “psychologists” and then get naked.

djglover
    Free Member

a gym? Who meets women at a gym. Haven’t been a member of one for a long time but at no point would it have felt right to go up to some random boiler on a treadmill and start chatting her up.

TheYeti
    Free Member

The gym – some folk can do it, others just can’t. You have to either have good technique or very good looks to pull off approaching people while they are busily occupied in an essentially “isolationist” fitness persuit 8) I vote “no” to the gym.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Either the friends of friends option or the get a hobby option are the best, I would say. Just don’t sh1t too close to your own nest in the first option…!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Climbing tends to be male dominated too. And the women who climb tend to be stronger than you which can be embarressing.

conkerman
    Free Member

Go ice skating and feel up chicks as you try to stop yourself from falling over 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

Rich – meeting people online is NOT the way to go…..trust me 😉

TheYeti
    Free Member

Climbing tends to be male dominated too. And the women who climb tend to be stronger than you which can be embarressing.

The ratio of females to males is significantly higher in climbing than in mountain biking, particularly at climbing walls, about 30% versus say 10% in MTBing. That was my point.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have heard aleigh is young, fit and single 😉

conkerman
    Free Member

A more serious answer is all of them. Just have fun, make friends and hopefully get laid.

I am considering hiring out my 18 month old son to mates to fo the supermarket as he is an utter chick magnet!

If you hav e friends with small kids, take them the supermarket and say you are taking them out to let mum and dad have a bit of quality time together 🙂 Genius!

Harry_the_Spider

Well the gym worked well enough for me. I ended up marrying her!

chakaping
    Free Member

Get a dog.

mrsflash
    Free Member

a gym? Who meets women at a gym.

Houns?? 😉

ziggy
    Free Member

I thought you only took kids to a supermarket to shout at them?

Stay away from the internet fruitcakes, whilst I got laid a few times that way all of them had issues, one wanted kids immediately, the other would text a million times a day and then go nuts if I didn’t respond, another was married etc etc.

Don’t ask me why but women can smell a single man from many paces, when you’re with someone you usually have to beat them off with a stick. Go figure.

DezB
    Free Member

1.Get a job in a big company (with lots of temps)
    2.Internet dating definitely works for some people.
    3.Go clubbing

epicyclo

Get your mates to put it about that you’re actually a secret millionaire…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Thought you were married, Rich?

Join a church group…

DezB
    Free Member

4.Don’t bother

IHN

I have heard aleigh is young, fit and single

You heard wrong.

I’m kidding, I’m kidding. She is single 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

IHN – well 1 out of three isn’t too bad.

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rich – meeting people online is NOT the way to go…..trust me

Yeah, look at the ones we’ve managed to make friends with from here!!!!!

😉

miketually
    Free Member

I got together with my wife when her cousin kicked me in the shins until I asked her out. Maybe you could try that? Or maybe it only works when you’re 13?

aleigh
    Free Member

Thanks WCA!

Internet fruitcakes, I like that description!

Ewok
    Free Member

Second Rock Climbing. Very mixed groups, highly social sport, great scope for chatting to randoms on the bouldering wall (“try doing it like this…”). Nearly all of the girls who do it are hot 😉 Well if you like nicely lean semi athletic types. Very incestuous sport.

ourmaninthenorth

Don’t ask me why but women can smell a single man from many paces, when you’re with someone you usually have to beat them off with a stick. Go figure.

I have this patronising theory that people are atracted to those they would ultimately wish to mate with: one of the pre-requisites in the (female) human mind is that the mate won’t p*ss off at the first sign of dirty nappies.

Naturally, I don’t tell any women this theory…. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Meeting women’ is closed to new replies.