Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mech hitting frame?
  • DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Hello,

When riding bumpy stuff on my bike, I hear my rear mech bounce into the frame and it makes a very loud 'clunk' noise, it sounds awful! Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
    Dan.

andrewh
    Free Member

Cut up an old inner tube and wrap it around chain stay, secure with duct tape. Loud clunk noise will no longer be heard.

soobalias
    Free Member

sram mech

or rubber protector for the mech
    or my patented innertube chainstay protector.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Thank you guys! 😀

xc-steve
    Free Member

Latest Shimano derailers don't bounce around quite as much and neither do all Sram mechs.

andrewh
    Free Member

andrewh – Member
    Cut up an old inner tube and wrap it around chain stay, secure with duct tape. Loud clunk noise will no longer be heard.

Posted 11 minutes ago # Edit
    SOOBalias – Member
    sram mech

or rubber protector for the mech
    or my patented innertube chainstay protector.

Posted 10 minutes ago # Report-Post

Unless you have an actual patent I claim the invention by one minute!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Stupid question, but you have got it fitted properly? Flapjack on here had a bit of an alignment problem on his 575, well, brain alignment problem that is, as he had the stop screw on the other side of the mech hanger some how!

Mikey65
    Free Member

check the screw that adjusts the angle of the mech against the hanger is adjusted properly (bigger gap between jockey wheels and cassette may help)and also chain tension is not too slack….it might help

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Quick fix for old-style Shimano mechs. Newer shadow mechs sit further back and don't make contact.

zaskar
    Free Member

My XTR was doing this, so I adjusted the spring tension-but a pain in the butt to resemble sometimes.

soobalias
    Free Member

you're alright andrewh, i dont use nasty duct tape – thats why i didnt pm you for my royalty payments.

slowrider
    Free Member

is this not what the b-tension screw is for? does runnning your chain a bit shorter help too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mech hitting frame?’ is closed to new replies.