Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • McDonalds- that'll teach me (Rant content)
  • hora
    Free Member

Left work early yesterday and on the way to the Peaks I stopped at McDonalds for lunch as I was hungry/lunchtime. Anyway shortly into the ride I had a sugar-crash? and merrily ran out of energy on a epic scale. FFS the carbs are pure sugar in their food? Why are they the official ‘Restaurant’ sponsor for the Olympics? Whats that telling impressionable youth?!! FFS.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora just admit ffs that you are fat and unfit, sugar crash, hypotonic, the list is endless?? fat unfit bastard more like

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Should have eaten a whopper.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bregante

McDonalds in “their food is not nutritional” shocker

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Why are they the official ‘Restaurant’ sponsor for the Olympics? Whats that telling impressionable youth?!!

They have more money than any other restaurant??

Jamie
    Free Member

Riiiiight. The McDonalds made you suck.

z1ppy

…but they taste so good* (occasionally when they can be bothered)

*I’ve had 3 maccy d’s this year after years of none, 1 out of those 3 was ok.

TooTall
    Free Member

Unexplain ‘sugar crash’ or ‘typical stw lardcore rider finds limits of fitness’.

You really think you bonked early in a ride from low sugar levels? Probably indigestion from shovelling a fatboy meal down then riding straight afterwards!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hora,

You are a classic example of modern society’s ‘It’s not my fault, its everything/everybody else’s fault’ attitude.

Fact is, you failed to take on adequate nutrition for your energy demands. How is that anybody else’s fault but yours?

hora
    Free Member

I’m contacting a Solicitor on a no-fee basis to sue you Scienceofficer

:mrgreen:

Their Breakfasts are alright- I could eat them numerous times a year. The meals though- I could eat two and think ‘wheres that gone’? 😐

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Large or medium?

What drink did you have?

Cheeseburger on the side?

It’s all in the ordering Hora

joao3v16
    Free Member

It’s years since I ate anything from McDonalds, although at one time I did use them occasionally.

There is definitely something wrong with their ‘food’.

Even after a Big Mac, Large Fries & Drink I remember always feeling hungry again less than 2 hours later.

hora
    Free Member

Thats what I had Big Mac (bread), fries (potato) and milkshake (milk).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Assuming you had medium fries and a medium strawberry milkshake, you had:

Energy 1200kCal (61% of GDA)
    Protein 40g (53%of GDA)
    Carbs tot 150g (54% GDA)
    Carbs (sugars) 71g (77% GDA)
    Fat tot 47g (70% GDA)
    Fat sat 17g (77% GDA)
    Fibre 8g (32% GDA)
    Salt 3.1g (62% GDA)

data from the macd website

So, not enough food or just unfit?

hora
    Free Member

I can eat a bacon sarnie and scrambled eggs (At 7am) and it’ll last me until 12ish.

I think its cheap/sugar-carb energy.

Previously after eating McD’s I’ve squit through the eye of a needle.

davidrussell
    Free Member

hora just admit ffs that you are fat and unfit, sugar crash, hypotonic, the list is endless?? fat unfit bastard more like

<catchphrase> Say what you see now </catchphrase>

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Not blaming the new 5Spot then?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think its cheap/sugar-carb energy

So, if you ate something with the same nutritional content, but it cost 3 times as much, that would make it better?

Sugar Snob!

Leku
    Free Member

Hora – did you want the arm chair?

Ideal for eating Big Macs on…

donsimon
    Free Member

I see what the problem is here….

TooTall
    Free Member

It isn’t your problem that you shovel food in your gob, refuse to see the evidence presented that it wasn’t that bad and you carry on slagging McD’s?

It is because your hands are too close to your mouth isn’t it? Genetics 🙄

thegreatape
    Free Member

ash.addy
    Free Member

The coffee is ok

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I blame the 5 Spot – the crap paint job, flaky decals, poorly finished dropouts, wrong headtube angle, ‘bar heavy’ feel (?!). Or maybe your forks weren’t working properly?

hora
    Free Member

Nope- setup/teething issues which im working on. Still havent sent off my forks to be fixed under warranty though 🙁

chvck
    Free Member

Thats what I had Big Mac (bread), fries (potato) and milkshake (milk).

I recently had the same (coke not milk) after a looong period of not having mcdonalds. I only really wanted the coke as I was parched and tired. I was amazed at how much smaller the big mac is now, I swear it’s half as big as it was when I last had one! Sufficed to say I was still pretty hungry after.

geoffj

stw lardcore

Kwalitage! 😆

singletrackhor
    Free Member

The ‘food’ is shit.
    500% profit on everything sold including labour. If the ‘food’ doesnt make this profit margin, its a ‘seasonal special’

devs
    Free Member

Unfortunately, because I finish work about an hour before our club rides start on a Thurs, and Mrs D does jogging that night, I often have a Mickey D before the ride. I have often felt like puking it up but it has never made me less AWESOME than I already am! There is something else at work here that you are not letting on about. I suspect pishness. To maintain my svelte 106Kg frame I also have a meal when I finish the ride, providing I don’t get my carb reload from cider, which is sometimes the case.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

You couldn’t make this up.

Perhaps you should see a sports psychologist to sort out your issues with the wrong / cheap type of sugar?

I’m waiting for Stopadoodledoo to arrive for things to really get funny.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

McD’s are only good for the old McShit as we know. Although Starbucks is after that crown with the StarDump.

McD’s are only ever good for emergency coffee.

hora
    Free Member

I’m waiting for Stopadoodledoo to arrive for things to really get funny.

If you say his name three times..

Although hes now a Bogtrotter 😯 (i.e. grown up)… I bet you didn’t crack any naughty jokes on that ride J 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Unfortunately, because I finish work about an hour before our club rides start on a Thurs, and Mrs D does jogging that night, I often have a Mickey D before the ride

Really? Why not take a sandwich to work, or buy a salad from Boots/M&S/Sainsbury’s/Tesco etc etc, you have a Maccy D’s because you like them, don’t look for excuses!

Hora I call twaddle on your ‘sugar crash’!

devs
    Free Member

Really? Why not take a sandwich to work, or buy a salad from Boots/M&S/Sainsbury’s/Tesco etc etc, you have a Maccy D’s because you like them, don’t look for excuses!

I work from home but support several businesses so at the drop of a hat I get called out and it can’t be planned for. But, besides that, yes I do like them and don’t particularly see them as the evil they are portrayed as. I couldn’t eat more than one a week as I would get sick of them. Surely one of the benefits of being so fit and doing all the exercise is that we can eat/drink what we want? Unless of course you have ambitions to make it to the top of your chosen sport where every meal has to be planned and timed. Excuses? Not me, it’s convenient, fills a hole, is sometimes nicer than you imagine and I loves it. I should maybe point out that there is very little fat on my 106Kg.

njee20
    Free Member

It was your use of the word unfortunately which suggested you felt there were no other options. That’s obviously not the case!

Personally I prefer BK, Angus with bacon and cheese mmmmmm!

phil.w
    Free Member

there is very little fat on my 106Kg

carrying around all that muscle I’m surprised your not out-sprinting Chris Hoy.

vinnyeh

Sometimes when I drive up to the one on the corner to get dinner for the kids I’ll get myself a meal as well, they won’t do too much harm if I only have one occasionally- most of the time though I’ll just get them for the kids and have something healthier for myself.

cupra
    Free Member

Sometimes when I drive up to the one on the corner to get dinner for the kids I’ll get myself a meal as well, they won’t do too much harm if I only have one occasionally- most of the time though I’ll just get them for the kids and have something healthier for myself.

I’ve never understood this, fill the kids with McD cr*p but eat something healthy yourself, or have I missed something?

wwaswas

have I missed something?

are you American?

cupra
    Free Member

No.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘McDonalds- that'll teach me (Rant content)’ is closed to new replies.