Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • MAYHEM Entries
  • grtdkad

So who's driving up to Pat's house tonight then?

trickydisco
    Free Member

0091paddy
    Free Member

Why does everyone do this? doesnt it make it unfair for those who can't travel to Pat's?

grahamh
    Free Member

Think how bad it would be it entries where online..

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

it would be a nightmare if entries went online. That said doing it by post means another tenner on guaranteed by 0900 delivery.

getting quite excited about it now, but not driving to derbyshire!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'm drving over tomorrow, can't be doing with staying up that late & not working tomorrow anyway

grtdkad

I'm never in a position to drive up (with work commitments etc) … but I do like the idea of it. Have a good bit of crac on the trip and to know you're in.

Was just wondering how many do?

crazy-legs

Pat reckoned he had about about 40 people turning up at his place last year from about 2am onwards.
    Original Source are there with a photographer this year, there's a live blog on the MM website…

fbk
    Free Member

We're not doing it this year but I've never had any problems entering teams via normal 1st class delivery. 🙂

rockitman

I'm doing it. Desperately want a solo place, started training in January!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

going to trust royal snail as no chance of getting to Derby with work I've got on this week.

Really hoping we get a team place 😉

ac282

Why do people bother to do this?
    We've always got in when we've posted the form 1st class the next day.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

for the craic maybe?? 😉

TheDoctor
    Free Member

And it's live 😀

xcstu
    Free Member

cool 😉

will
    Free Member

done.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

it will all end in mud n tears…..

grahamh
    Free Member

Ok so how many of the entries delivered in the next few hours will
    have "Genuine" team member signatures on them?

grtdkad

Done…and down to the trusty Post Office in the morning…see you in June!

😀

anthonyb
    Free Member

tempted to drive up to pats – its only about an hour and 1/4 away – but up early for work, so il have to trust postie tomorrow. It'l be my first mayhem (riding rather then just attending) cant wait – so hopefully as mentioned above, first class post will do..

johnduke
    Free Member

see you there!!

Ti29er
    Free Member

This is my entry.
    This is what you meant isn't it?
    Entered this morning (01:30) into this year's http://www.px3.fr International Photographic Awards as a series of 3 images from about 1am at last year's MM.

will
    Free Member

Mine should be in a car on it's way to Pat's now 🙂

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

First class post option for us. Worked for us last year so hopefully will be fine this year.

My first time (I personally didn't make it last year but we had a "team" entered). It's a piece of cake right?

glenncampbell

Ti29er – awesome picture!!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

form downloaded, signed all legit, and in post for delivery tomorrow, just hope royal snail delivers as have let me down in the past 😕

eagarly waiting confirmation of a team spot.

Wish you could do it on-line be so much easier and maybe instantaneious for acceptance into event like majority of other enduro type events I have entered in the past!!??!!

grtdkad

Ace picture…looks like my fat ar$e pushing up the hill!

I'll be posting mine this afternoon.
    Just in case I've left it too late and don't get in as a solo, can I be the first to beg for any spare team places going ?
    If you're short of numbers for your team or someone drops out, I am incredibly fast on a bike and charming company and would make a valuable addition to any team. 8)

crazy-legs

Wish you could do it on-line be so much easier and maybe instantaneious for acceptance into event like majority of other enduro type events I have entered in the past!!??!!

The server wouldn't cope. It's the same reason all really popular events (Fred Whitton Challenge etc) use post, it's the easiest and fairest way of doing it. Last year the organiser of the Fred Whitton had people driving to his house but he stopped that this year by announcing he'd take in all entries then have a random draw out of all received entries.

Pat seems to like staying up all night though, it adds to the character of the event.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

[/i]crazy-legs

The server wouldn't cope. It's the same reason all really popular events (Fred Whitton Challenge etc) use post, it's the easiest and fairest way of doing it. Last year the organiser of the Fred Whitton had people driving to his house but he stopped that this year by announcing he'd take in all entries then have a random draw out of all received entries.

I guess so as it's a popular event, but you get where I am coming from?

Just don't like sending cheques out – what if they cash it and I we don't get a team spot – what a hassle trying to get money back – much safer if credit card/paypal/bacs linked on an online entry

just my thoughts

Same as popular rock concerts/festivals etc, they manage online entry ok, true maybe bigger budgets and all.

On the other hand nice to use "old fashioned" methods I guess and adds to the excitement if we do get a team spot.

will
    Free Member

20th Solo in. Apparently 18 solos turned up over night 😆

Dickyboy

At least this way, those that couldn't contemplate not entering can hand deliver their form & pretty much guarantee a place.
    Me I'm just thinking about returning to the post box with an angle grinder to retrieve the solo entry I just posted. 🙄

mrsflash
    Free Member

what if they cash it and I we don't get a team spot

they don't cash it unless you're in.

rockitman

Get your point Valleydaddy but if they made it online it would be just like every other event. I appreciate not everyone can get there, but it all depends how much you want a place doesn't it?

We really wanted solo places, so for the second year in a row we drove there. There was one bloke who drove from Surrey with his laptop and printer in the car and sat outside waiting for it to go online, then drove back home…

will
    Free Member

😆 legend!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Remember the lake? Or were you all too dazed by 1am?

That feared hill climb! I did ride 5 laps as well, fastest being 53 mins.

mafu26
    Free Member

posted my solo entry this lunchtime first class. hope i get in! eak!

awesome pics too!

cakefest
    Free Member

mud??? again???

StonePantMan
    Free Member

Posted today. recorded delivery so at least I can keep track.

Don't use DHL whatever you do. It tried it a couple of years ago and the driver couldn't find Pat's house. Luckily I run the shipping department at our place and could apply a certain amount of "pressure" to get the lazy s%d to try again and look properly!

Cheques will be fun in a couple of years if the banks get their way and phase them out. We'll probably have to use postal orders and add stamps to them to increase the value….what the hell was that all about???!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok I know I am panicking a tad but feeling the pressure of my team giving me grief if we don't get in 🙁

HAHA only joking.

fair play to the folk who drive there true commitment to the cause, if I did that the misses would definaltely think I had a bolt loose lol.

OH well see what this week brings.

When do you know if you get in or not??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘MAYHEM Entries’ is closed to new replies.