Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxlight pha5e
  • IamSam
    Free Member

Hey all,

I really wanted one of these a little while ago but knew even less than I do now about bikes so went for an off the shelf bike, but my curiosity has been tickled again recently.

Has any body out there got any experience of them? I'm looking for a bit of a play bike to build from scratch early next year so I'm just starting the research stage.

Thanks in advance

Sam

IamSam
    Free Member

sorry to bring this up again but my curiosity needs a scratch

Sam

foxyrider
    Free Member

there was a guy on here a few days ago who posted a pick of his Pha5e 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

kinesis phase, met one other person with one

now has pikes trail bike also putting in appearances as a dh bike

try mailing him as his mail is in his profile 🙂

nina
    Free Member

i had one, it was ok, hope you like the indepth report!

IamSam
    Free Member

Foxy®ider

Now theres a good idea 🙄 will mail him and see what he's got to say.

Is it silly getting an older frame to do up? what are the moderner (is that a word) equivalents?

Nina, super report ten out of ten 😀

robsoctane
    Free Member

@Iamsam: I’ve just built up my Pha5e & I’ve got to say that I love it! I’m 5.10” & have the 14” frame so it’s on the small side, the way I want it.

Super stiff back end but the seat post is so long (I use a 400mm maxed out) that it feels comfortable enough. I’ve got Talas 140mm too which suit great.

All in all, I’ve only spent about 1.3k on it to build it the way I want, again – it’s lush! One mod to the frame I made: I got a Dremmel & drilled out the cable routing fully so I could get a full length gear cable to the back. It did the job & I’m now on the look out for a tin of anti radar green to tidy up.

I wish I knew how to post pictures on here with ease, I’d love to show it off, it has what I consider to be the prettiest ass of any hard tail.

Does anyone know the head angle? It does feel tighter than my Scott Octane (that’s set up to 67 degrees) & I know it’s tighter than my SC Nomad.

stay safe everyone. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxlight pha5e’ is closed to new replies.