Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Maxiss Swampthing or Wetscream?
  • philfive
    Free Member

anybody have any experience with these 2 tyres?

can anyone recommend any other winter tyres?

thanks in advance.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Swampthing rear minion dhf front works for me in the mud

philfive
    Free Member

Steve i was thing Minion front as well, whats the difference between the wetsream and swampthing?

fastindian
    Free Member

+1 for the swampthing

xiphon
    Free Member

wetscream = huge spikes for really sloppy mud. It’s a DH race tyre.

swampthing = spaced out knobs for shedding mud. Come in different widths and thicknesses. DH tyre, but also popular for ‘general winter riding’ on peoples bikes.

LoCo
    Free Member

Wetscreams are hellish draggy for ‘just riding about’

stevepitch
    Free Member

What LoCo said the swampthings are draggy enough sod the wet scream for anything other than pure down hill.

youngrob

Rampage on the front, Swamp Thing on the back works well for me.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

As above, I’d only use the Wet Scream for DH racing and even then, only in deep mud. The tall spikes squirm on roots, hardpack or under power, plus they really dig in and chew up the trail so drag lots and cause unnecessary erosion.

Even when I was racing DH regularly they only came out once a year, max.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Spesh Hillbilly/Clutch are very good

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2 ride old Swampthing sat at home doing nowt if anyone wants it..

philfive
    Free Member

where you based T2sugars?

kudos100
    Free Member

If it’s a 2.35 I’ll have it teetosugars

philfive
    Free Member

i was first 😀 and how much tea2sugars

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a wet scream that I won’t use gain probably if anyone wants it – email me

rotten
    Free Member

Supertacky front, maxpro rear for me. Yeah it’s dragy but you’ll still ride faster with them if it’s muddy

duir
    Free Member

Wet screams only for the deepest muddiest DH courses. Cut wet screams for more mixed wet/slippy conditions.

The swamp thing is’s a very under rated tyre and fairly cheap/light. People seem to identify it with mud only but it a superb winter all rounder. So swamp thing front and a minion or high roller rear. Then when the mud gets silly swamp thing rear too.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Put my Swampthings on my Soul this weekend. Managed to get hold of a super-tacky last month for the front from Next Day Tyres for a very good price. I used them last winter and was very impressed. Super Tacky is a bit draggy on the road but makes a difference on wet roots. They are great in sand as well.

Northwind

Apart from the other downsides, Wetscreams also wear extremely fast… And once the spikes are rounded off, they lose a lot of their grip.

Swampies are great tyres. Lots of grip in the mud, good grip on everything else. Draggy, but not terribly so. Not as good as a Minion in the dry but then, that’s fair enough.

Just about to try a Specialized Hillbilly though, which looks promising- basically a pre-cut spike but designed for those intermediate conditions. Only in a DH carcass though so far, bring on the SX model.

Taz

Swampthing is a great tyre in most conditions (except tarmac)

Keep a ST on the front most of the winter except trail centre days

Used my Wet Scream twice (on hellish muddy uplift days)

brokensoul
    Free Member

Swampthing 60a single ply 2.35 run tubeless on the front for the past few winters.
    It’s works for me, fine and dandy.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m in Cheshire…

Need to check what size it is..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Maxiss Swampthing or Wetscream?’ is closed to new replies.