Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • mavic wheelset
  • wormhole

just got home with a set of mavic crossmax wheels i picked up of the forum classifieds. very happy just what i wanted. they have a system for securing the disc to the hub that involves a removeable gadey the disc sits on and then you tighten on a lock ring? never come across this before. anyone any experience, good or bad? looks to be secure, should i lock tight the lock ring? any pitfalls?

thanks

soobalias
    Free Member

shimano centrelock?

njee20
    Free Member

Sounds like it. It makes changing rotors much more simple and does away with bolts, rotors are slightly more expensive and heavier, you can get adapters to run normal 6 bolt discs, Superstar are the cheapest.

wormhole

it happily takes my original 6 bolt hope discs, you just pop them onto the six studs and then tighten up the lock ring?? not shimano jobbies…. these are new 2010 wheels and i guess its an "inovation" from Mavic

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, they've just already got Centrelock adapters!

wormhole

njee20, so what do you do if you dont want to use the centre lock method? there is nowhere to "bolt" the disc to in the usual way?

wormhole

have just re-read your previous post…oops!! so i cant just use my existing disc's? bummer

njee20
    Free Member

Of course you can, if they fit, then great.

Centre Lock hub:

Centre Lock Rotor:

Centre Lock adapter:

If you have the 4 'tabs' for the bolt holes, then just use your current 6 bolt rotors.

wormhole

you must think i am a spanner?? now i see that it came with a six bolt adapter and the disc sits on perfect? sometimes you just need a nudge in the right direction…. thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘mavic wheelset’ is closed to new replies.