Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mavic crossmax, what does lefty mean?
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Looking to buy myself a pair of these great wheels but some for sale have the word ‘lefty’ in the description, what does that mean.
    Any other advice comments about these wheels (and if you have some for sale) are welcome, thanks.

vanilla83
    Free Member

They are for left handed riders only. They have slightly more weight on the right hand side of the wheel to balance out cornering etc.

HTH

akira

The front wheel fits a cannondale lefty fork, the hub only works with that fork.

khani
    Free Member

The front hub is for a cannondale lefty fork, it won’t fit anything else iirc

onandon
    Free Member

After having a few sets of SL’s and SLR’s I personally wouldn’t bother with another set.

They are Ok but I expect more for the money. you can find lighter, stronger and more maintenance friendly wheels for less cash.

brakes
    Free Member

it means they are only to be ridden by yoghurt weaving, tree hugging, guardian reading namby pamby limp wristed dreamers

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Thanks for the quick responses. Didn’t realise wheels were made for left handers!

yunki
    Free Member

for use on this sort of thing…

brakes
    Free Member

but not this sort of thing

problem_child
    Free Member

in responce to brakes,yes it would work with that fork too.but would have to go backwards for the tyre tread to work 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mavic crossmax, what does lefty mean?’ is closed to new replies.