Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic 29er rims
  • deft
    Free Member

Does the TN319 still exist, or is it just a 29er XM319 now? The TN719 still seems widely available, but neither is listed on the Mavic website any more.

Anything else worth considering in the £20-30 range, while I’m here? Ideally mid-weight for offroady type touring.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I noticed that the Tn719s were going cheap in the Rose bikes sale the other day. Very good rims ime.

Ben_H

I have some TN719s built on XT hubs on my cyclocross / all-purpose bike. They’re nice rims, although substantially heavier than 26er rims or some of the DT / Stans alternatives.

deft
    Free Member

Worth snapping up then? I don’t need them just yet is all, and a 29er XM319 is less than £30 anyway

deft
    Free Member

Evening bump

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I noticed that the Tn719s were going cheap in the Rose bikes sale the other day. Very good rims ime.

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a pair.

I’ve used TN319 on my Fargo and they have been faultless too.

OCB
    Free Member

Might be a bit narrow, but A719’s?

I’ve got A719’s on both my Peregrine (which runs 34cx tyres), and my Gryphon (which runs 2.1 Bonty XR3’s) and they have been great on both bikes – I don’t think I’ve touched them since they were built.

Ah, I’ve just looked up the price tho’ – I’ve had mine a while, so I hadn’t realized they were quite that expensive.

deft
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. TN319 seems a good compromise – is this now the 29er XM319 then? Seems to be a similar weight and has the same ‘go anywhere, mid-range disc rim’ spiel. If so I could wait for a new CRC voucher to come along.

takisawa2

I’ve wheels built with both TN719 & TN319. I wouldn’t pay a premium for the 719, but at that price I’d snap them up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic 29er rims’ is closed to new replies.