Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • North East (England) Roll call.
  • wolly
    Free Member

4 miles away somewhere ‘great’

teethgrinder

Prudhoe, 12 miles west of Toon. Couple of miles from Ryton and Wylam. Originally from Ovingham, though.

Are we organising an N.E. meet here?

gra

Gatesheed.

Drac

Morpeth here but work in Alnwick

Where I grew and now where I live.

northernmatt

If we are I’ll have to fix me bike

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sherburn Village
    Gray Av this time

Handy for the Surgery then!

4 miles away somewhere ‘great’
    I was through there this morning! I normally go left down Church Lane to Aldwark but went SO & ended up going through Thorpe Underwood & Whixley.

Small world innit?

wolly
    Free Member

It really is, not been out around here much, I’ve done a few laps of aldwark, and a few farm tracks is there much riding locally?

righog
    Free Member

REET… Yea all knew where this was leading…what next ?

minichops
    Free Member

Born and bred Crook. Got the **** outta there soon as. Now live near Barney.

djflexure

Sherburn Village
    Gray Av this time

Handy for the Surgery then!

Few years ago now but I drove past last week, visiting my folks.
    John Harrison, from that surgery, encouraged me to get into medicine.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It really is, not been out around here much, I’ve done a few laps of aldwark, and a few farm tracks is there much riding locally?

It’s ok for a blast from home on the HT, there’s a bit of stuff on the other side of the A1 over towards Arkendale/Ferrensby/Copgrove etc. meet up with a map sometime?

John Harrison, from that surgery, encouraged me to get into medicine.

Doc Harrison was my doctor up there! Also a customer of mine when I had the petrol station at Running Waters. Did you know he was a stalker?

djflexure

And a decent fisherman
    Happy times on the River Wear

wolly
    Free Member

Yeah sounds good to me

Mackem

Consett. Living near Bilbao now, i’m attracted to red and white stripes

jamesca
    Free Member

Stannington

Now living 70% NZ and 30% Fiji, hope to return home soon.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yes, good fisherman also. Is he still around? Last I knew he was living in a rather nice house in Shincliffe.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Belmont Durham. Was that the filling station that was next to the old quarry opposite the Three Horseshoes? That was some time ago. Pass it on my way to work going to Sedgefield. Guy’s breeding huskies or something in there by the looks of it. Doctor Harrison has retired now I think.

tinribz
    Free Member

Afirmative.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Belmont Durham

Only a railway line away from Sherburn!

My mate lives on Dinsdale Drive.

djflexure

Yes, good fisherman also. Is he still around? Last I knew he was living in a rather nice house in Shincliffe.

I think so, my mum saw him recently. I remember him well but it could have been 20 years since I last saw him.
    Talking of fishermen did you know David Adams, he had the paper shop. Got my 2000ad etc from him.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Was that the filling station that was next to the old quarry opposite the Three Horseshoes? That was some time ago. Pass it on my way to work going to Sedgefield.

Yep that was me. Left there in 2001.

I knew David Adams very well too, he had a cottage up in Alnmouth & did loads of fishing. (his missus is called Jane)

The world’s getting smaller!

Inbred456
    Free Member

That railway line now goes from at least Washington to Bishop Auckland. It’s awful to walk on never mind ride. It would be great if they would just put a roller over it and open it up for Bikes officially. I think they took the track up because they were worried about theft of the rails. They are leaving it as is until 2015 when they will look at the viability of replacing the track or leaving as is.

djflexure

Sherburn Village – centre of the universe
    Who’d have thought

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sherburn Village – centre of the universe
    Who’d have thought

Not me! Still might end up back there yet though.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Bear Park up to the Stanley Incline then back through Esh Woods through the Farm at the top is a nice little circular route about 15 miles. Through Shincliffe round the back of Croxdale Hall then along the Weardale Way up to Brancepeth then back along to Bear Park. Lots of little winter routes around here. Not much Singletrack have to go out Blanchland way or Stokesley.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Sherburn Village the home of Durham Pine!

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Sunderland but sand dancer originally. Long time lurker. This brings me out the Woodwork.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Naa, theyr’e up ‘The Hill’ & to make the world even smaller there’s a nurse at our place who was married to the bloke who started Durham Pine off! She lived in Ludworth at some point.

sand dancer originally.

Will you lot naff off! I ‘knew’ a lass up the road from the Gypsies Green stadium years ago.

warton
    Free Member

Whitley bay. Originally from Jesmond.

user-removed
    Free Member

New Herrington, near Houghton-Le-Spring, home to the best pub in the north east ( The Stables ). And I’d be up for a north east ride-out, especially if it ends at The Stables 🙂

godzilla
    Free Member

Richmond

felt
    Free Member

I always thought that the North East was desolate and uninhabited 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So..Who’s organising a ride?

teethgrinder

Well I’ll be out and about tomorrow local to me!

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

OP surely.

Id be up for it.

+1 for the stables.
    Has been a pub stop for me on several rides out. Live near the puma centre.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hexham here. Although only for the last 6 years.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmm.. Houghton’s not exactly alive with exciting trails though is it? (prove me wrong please)
    Proper riding around Hamsterley/Reeth/Hexham Common?

LabWormy

Inbred456
    Free Member

Never been to the Stables will have to give it a try when coming back from Virgin at Doxy Park. Me lad plays tennis I’m not a member don’t worry I haven’t seen the inside of a Gym for 10yrs. Could probably do with it mind!

LabWormy

Nothing to see here, tipsy fingers!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘North East (England) Roll call.’ is closed to new replies.