Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maverick owners…..HELP PLEASE!!
  • RickSpangle
    Free Member

Creaking coming from drive train under load.
    Set up is Maverick Durance 2008 XTR 960 triple crankset XTR 960 peddles Shitmano BB

I have had this creaking for about 2 months.
    I have replaced monolink pivot bearings, stripped and serviced peddles, brand new BB (2nd one in 2 months as 1st was thought to be faulty). Its not the chain, cassette, QR, bars, stem, saddle or seat post as I have swapped all of these with another bike.

No evidence of cracks on either the frame or monolink assembly.It happens if I sit or stand. It happens in all 3 rings at front.

Doin me nut in. I love this bike, but I am starting to wonder if this is a sign.

Any suggestions???

Trimix
    Free Member

When my old Whyte made a noise it was always the rear wheel QR. Well the Whyte equivalent of the QR. I had to take the wheel out, clean the QR and put some grease on it and then it was fine for several months.

Or ride with ear plugs till the offending item drops off/breaks, then you will know exactly what it is.

kinda666
    Free Member

It’s all those gears!! 🙂

MatA
    Free Member

It could be the rear mech hanger – had that problem with the ML7 once.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

’07 durance here, only noises I’ve had were crunching from a shimano bb which I suspect was made from Gouda and creaking from the seatpost if it gets full of soil.

Could it be the cranks?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I had creaking on a ML8. Don’t know what specifically caused it as I stripped it and re-greased everything and the noise stopped.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

MatA…not checked that specifically, I will tonight Thanks
    Wreckage…Did think it may have been, but swapped em with some on me other bike and it still creaked.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Only other thing I could think of is the headset, might need greasing? If you could get a chris king for the maverick then I would almost certainly have checked there first!

RickSpangle
    Free Member

Wreckage, I know what you mean ref the headset. Certainly not that. The headsets on Mav’s whilst reliable, do need a bit of maintenance. Changed the forks recently so it got all greased up in the process. Thanks tho.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maverick owners…..HELP PLEASE!!’ is closed to new replies.