Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maverick owners help please
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hello ml8 rear shock is losing air over a short ride, is first port of call cleaning the o ring and chamber (sorry not very mechanical minded) and replace oil??If so what oil should i use??
    All advice and help welcome.
    Thanks

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

You'll find what you need here – http://www.maverickbike.com/main/do/Manual_PDFs
    It's worth a clean for starters, I had a rear fox shock on a previous bike that used to respond positively to a regular clean, I mean it would loose air – then following a good clean of the seals it would be fine.

hicksville
    Free Member

cheers looked at that but cannot find maverick gunna flow lube so what is the alternative oil lube i need, and ideally something i can buy tomorrow from a lbs. Also there seems to be differenet amounts of oil used to tune the shock any simple advice on this?

BigJohn

Tim at Sideways can help – but it seems he's on holiday till Thursday.

http://www.sidewayscycles.co.uk/

hicksville
    Free Member

Thanks but was hopin to try and get sorted for Sunday….

mboy
    Free Member

Use 15wt or 20wt oil instead of the Maverick "gunna flow" lube.

And use the correct oil weight in the damper itself for your weight and riding style (most probably 5wt unless you're a fat lad).

hicksville
    Free Member

okay numpty question but

i need something like

Stendec Crystal Fork Fluid
    SRAM Red Rum
    Rock Oil SVI Suspension Fluid

or

Stendec Crystal Rear Shock Fluid

or anything else????

Also best way of measriung the amount???

mboy
    Free Member

okay numpty question but

i need something like

Stendec Crystal Fork Fluid
    SRAM Red Rum
    Rock Oil SVI Suspension Fluid

or

Stendec Crystal Rear Shock Fluid

or anything else????

Also best way of measriung the amount???

Your best bet is to head down your local MotoCross shop, and get yourself a litre of each of 5wt and 15wt fully synthetic racing fork oil (MUST be fully synthetic, not the cheaper stuff) from the likes of Silkolene, Putoline or Rock Oil. It's usually under £10 a litre, and MUCH cheaper than buying "MTB specific" stuff (which is only the same in smaller bottles).

The 5wt is for the damper, the 15wt is for lubrication (ie. in place of the gunna flow/red rum lube).

In terms of measuring, get yourself a measuring cylinder from a cookware shop, or even better, get a 50cc syringe (best place to get them is your local Cartridge World, just ask for one, they use them for filling cartridges, they'll sell you one for under a couple of quid).

This should see you right…

hicksville
    Free Member

cheers off there on the morrow 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maverick owners help please’ is closed to new replies.