Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • maverick fork users?
  • johnduke
    Free Member

looking for ways to make my ride that little bit different from the other kids on the block, anyone using these?

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/maverick-sc32-forks-item133479.html

if any one is using or has experience of them what do you think of them? pros and cons?

currently running marzocchi bomber xc600 (coil sprung '07 version I think) on my ht which I find excellent, how would they compare?

tonto
    Free Member

If you just want to be different buy a unicycle 🙂

The sc32's are a great fork but you should also factor in the cost of the new wheel you will need.

sheldona
    Free Member

As above, you'll need a new wheel to fit. However these forks are pretty good, easily serviced and can be custom tuned by the user.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

I've got a set on a Stumpy, they look good and ride good, and the hubs are good also, I would have thought they'd have come with the Maverik Specific Hub.

ajantom

I've seen some good deals on ebay recently that included the front wheel/hub.

johnduke
    Free Member

of course getting some just to be different would be a bit daft, that's why i'm looking for opinions first. sounds all positive, as for the hub there is a hope conversion around which could be an option for me, anyone have experience with that?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Maverick don't like it, as they say it can slip, but maybe they just want you to buy there own hubs

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Another big fan of Maverick forks here too – have DUC32s and always get great comments out on the trails. Cracking value at the JEJames pricing.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have a set of SC32's on my full susser

and a set of rev's on my s/s

of the 2 I prefer the mav's because they are easily home servicable
    As for riding with sorry I cannot tell the differance both work well

doughboy

I tried to get a set of these from JE James but eventhough the web site says stock level is good, they didn't have any and couldn't get any more in!

snaps
    Free Member

JE James advertising stock they've not got – who'd of thought it 🙄

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I have some on the clasifieds now 🙂 Great forks but not right for my bike (silly singlespeed thing)

SSP

Dibbs
    Free Member

I like em so much, I've got them on four of my bikes!
    The FS is missing from the pic.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Just to clarify guys we do have these in stock, 2 pairs to be exact!

First come first served – once they're gone they're gone!

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/maverick-sc32-forks-id46848.html

Cipher23
    Free Member

Yet another fan of the Mavericks. I ride with both the DUC32s and SC32s and love 'em. The frames are superb too and I see JEJames have those bad boys for a fair price as well. 😉

IIRC the issue with the Hope Pro II conversion is that the Hope axle isn't knurled and therefore doesn't grip/fit as tightly into the drop outs. Something like that anyway. Can't say I've noticed any difference between the Hope and Maverick's own hubs myself.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I agree with all the above, though they can flex horrendously in some situations. Like all upside down forks though, they'll flex less the deeper they are into the travel so you shouldn't notice it too much.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘maverick fork users?’ is closed to new replies.