Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Mate broke my light- advice needed.
  • hora
    Free Member

Or you could take the Stalin approach.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’m not sure what kind of tight selfish friends you lot have, but…if I broke a friend’s property, I’d pay for a replacement immediately.

It simply wouldn’t occur to me to take any other course of action.

K

Ask your self if the light is really fit for purpose if it breaks dropping it from a small height.

Or was it a monster truck you were unloading?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d let him pay,

Then buy him a light from DX or similar.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

If it’s just one of those things and it could just as easily have been you that broke it as him then I wouldn’t expect him to pay. As a mate he’s done the right thing by offering but unless I was super hard-up I don’t think I’d accept in your situation.

If he’d broken it in an entirely avoidable/stupid way then that might be different, depending.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    shit happens. my friends are worth more than 70quid

Jedi is the master!

A friend was showing me a website on my laptop and was pressing my laptop touchpad so hard I told him to take it easy until he broke one of my buttons.

I’m not happy but $hit happens. I had it repaired and it cost more than £70.

He’s still my dumb mate but I do hide my mobile and laptop when he comes round lol.

£70 Vs a mate – I’d rather have a pal. $hit happens.

Lesson learned! Pack sensibly and never lend bike to a pal and make sure you have insurance on your bike and accessories.

I would pay for the light if I dropped it, if your pal doesn’t offer, then don’t worry about it and pick friends more carefully.

McHamish
    Free Member

If a mate broke something while he was helping my unload a car…I’ve probably call him a clumsy fcker and pay for it myself.

If he borrowed something and broke it while using it…i know they’d give it back either repaired or replaced.

As said above, mates are worth more than £70.

Would you pay for his beer if he was too skint to come out? If you wouldn’t then he can’t be that good a mate, and you could just ask him to pay for it.

bighendo
    Free Member

Now for a sensible suggestion: If hes a good mate ask him for a night with his partner. Sorted

and,.. what if his partner is a bloke? 🙂

Ambrose

Light is a Hope HID. I dropped it a couple of years ago- hence I know the rough price of the repair. The kit was packed well but I wasn’t expecting him to unpack it nor was he expecting it to fall out. He has offered to pay full whack to the boys in Barnoldswick, I’ll not let him pay but will be a bit more wary in future.

Some of you are very understanding. A mate is a mate- true, but it was a bit of a shock and I wanted to know the general concensus of opinion.

sweepy
    Free Member

If its that delicate, and that old, youd probably get similar performance and better durability from a modern light for not much more than the repair cost.
    And no harm in asking

MrSalmon
    Free Member

A friend was showing me a website on my laptop and was pressing my laptop touchpad so hard I told him to take it easy until he broke one of my buttons.

I’m not happy but $hit happens. I had it repaired and it cost more than £70.

See, in that case I think I’d expect him to pay, and if he’s a proper mate then he’d think “£70 (or whatever) vs a mate” and do the right thing. That’s not $hit happens, that’s him being careless with your stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Mate broke my light- advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.