Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Masterchef – A good programme spoiled?
  • lauranauder
    Free Member

..by the presenters trying to ‘over-dramatise’ the whole thing.

It’s just cooking ffs.

It has the potential to be a great contest, but those two idiots and the woman who does the voiceovers, who needs to clear her throat, ruin it.
    Oh, that and the producers who need to keep bloody reminding us of what we watched just 3minutes ago, because they think we have the mental capacity of goldfish..

Before you all say ‘well just switch off, blah blah..’ I wont be watching it.

Am I wrong?

Nick

Maybe

yunki
    Free Member

definitely..

my mates dad was a Masterchef finalist back in Lloyd Grossmans day.. It was great then and is still great now..

the programme has evolved to reflect society.. and you should too if you don’t want to get left behind floundering in the murky depths with Keith Floyd and Worral-Thompson..

If the format ever starts to grate I just remind myself that it’s Michel Roux Jr on the ones and twos knocking out the filthy techno soundtrack..

I look forward to it all year me 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I can’t even abide the trailers, all fake jeopardy and OTT melodrama its almost a parody.

RustySpanner

Yes, the false drama in the majority of modern TV is annoying, unnecessary and patronising.

As is the need for a sleb to front every documentary.
    Personal hate is those two annoying wastes of dna on ‘Ski Sunday’.
    Show me the skiing, that’s all I want, not much to ask really is it?
    I neither like or respect you so crawl away back into mediocrity before I kill someone.

What would happen if they remade ‘The World At War’ these days?
    ‘International Pro Celebrity Blitzkrieg with Chantelle and Preston’, that’s what. 😉

speaker2animals

Much preferred it on a Sunday afternoon with Lloyd Grossman. I have to agree that this modern obsession with talking heads who wind each other up to boiling point does my crunch. But then it means that you can turn a 30 minute show in to a 45 minute one. I dislike in much the same way as how contestants are forced to talk through their thought processes when asked a question on a quiz show. See “Eggheads”. F Off!

lazybike
    Free Member

After all the dramatics, come the morning, its just shit floating in the pan… 🙂

lauranauder
    Free Member

good points everyone, i can see i’m not the only one that cant stand the ‘fakeness’ of it and the other programmes..

i’m with you on the whole eggheads ‘well i know the answers not bournemouth, coz i went there once’ kind of BS. just ask the effing questions and let them just bloody answer.

‘is that your final answer?’ **** off!

Roux adds a bit of sanity to MC.. just let him do the presenting, the other two are a waste of space and good food, might as well give truffles to a pig, with their gross shovelling-in of the nosh and gross gobbling.

Makes me want to puke. :mrgreen:

grum
    Free Member

It’s a good show, much better than half the dross on tv. The American style recaps and trailers within the programme are annoying though.

Cougar

The American style recaps and trailers within the programme are annoying though.

It’s not just Masterchef that’s guilty of this. A lot of shows are doing it, and it’s really annoying. A look to what’s coming up after the break, an ad break, and a recap after the break covering what you’ve missed so far. How to pad out 20 minutes of footage to an hour.

ask1974
    Free Member

I like it a lot and find the whole ‘drama’ rather entertaining. They cook so well that a little embellishment seems in order. I can see why others would get annoyed though…

rewski
    Free Member

I prefer vic reeves version
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=towd9vZWDJg&sns=em[/video]

RustySpanner

Ms Spanner is watching it whilst I post on here.

Some utter, utter tool has just started crying because he cooked a nice steak.

‘I want this more than anything else’?
    Really?
    Well in that case change the rules so that any meat used can only be obtained from the contestants own bodies.

A 47 year old has just said he’s ‘psyched’.
    Honestly, just poison them all.

Garry_Lager

They’re bending over backwards to bollox up a simple and successful format, no doubt.
    How fked does John Torrode look? Everytime I see him he looks like he’s tanned 10 pints then been asked to go on telly.

ojom
    Free Member

They’re bending over backwards to bollox up a simple and successful format, no doubt.

How fked does John Torrode look? Everytime I see him he looks like he’s tanned 10 pints then been asked to go on telly.

Genius.

How’s being south again working out btw?

Garry_Lager

All good thks Mark. Nice change of scenery with work and really enjoying the MTBing. The Peaks is serious business! Thought the access laws would do ma swede in but it’s not something I’ve thought about with all the new riding. Early days I guess.

hora
    Free Member

Last nights contestants were boarding on farcical. They, to me shouldn’t have gotten through the qualifiers.

The previous evenings were full of potential talent.

yunki
    Free Member

the Salmon Bungadin and the ‘cooked bird’ were two of my favourite dishes..

davidrussell
    Free Member

contestants are forced to talk through their thought processes when asked a question on a quiz show. See “Eggheads”. F Off!

this does my nut in too, just padding to make a crap tv show fill a slot.

its he same with ice road truckers, ice pilots, ice fishermen, fishermen, laundry operatives etc etc. fundamentally it takes a mundane job with one “event” per week and pads the living shit out of it with trailers, interviews and recaps of what just happened. I usually switch off when you are 90 seconds in and you hear “COMING UP! the driver hits a patch of ice and the truck skids” you dont say? on a road made entirely of ice? clearly the guy survived, since he’s sitting there talking in a funny accent about it, so it can’t have been that bad.

I think most of these tv programmes could be condensed into about 10 minutes of viewing.

and the MC contestant above greeting because he cooked a good steak? get a grip FFS. fair enough i’d greet if i made a complete balls up of it but its only a piece of grilled flesh. we should make one round “give your competitor food poisoning” to spice it up a bit…

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

If the format ever starts to grate I just remind myself that it’s Michel Roux Jr on the ones and twos knocking out the filthy techno soundtrack..

😆

And you’re wrong ‘lauranauder’. John and Greg are AWESOME

*searches in vain for greg chomp picture*

hora
    Free Member

I’m going to become a stalker 8)

phil.w
    Free Member

I watched last nights show. It should be re-titled ‘Middleclass Chef’. Their all banging on about how much they want to be a chef. Little do they realise what this would mean.

Giving up their above average wage’s. Gone are the 9-5’s. You’ll start off on £14,000 a year. Starting work at 8am. Thinking your lucky if your out before midnight.

It’s nothing like cooking a Saturday night dinner party. In fact, you’ll never do that again as you’ll be at work!

And those ‘experience a real kitchen’ tasks. Ha. I hope they were informed that that was not even in the slightest bit representative of a real day in a kitchen.

Amusing TV though. 🙂

And it did give rise to this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk&feature=BFa&list=FLiWkitYng5oHRUkcvJBQj3w&lf=mh_lolz[/video]

🙂

TheFlyingOx

I prefer vic reeves version

😆
    I think I’ll root out my old “Red & Blue” video when I get home.

IHN

phil.w – good work. I got a Gu cheesecake from Waitrose at the weekend (I know dahling) and it professed it’s buttery biscuit base 🙂

As for Masterchef, COOKING DOESN’T GET ANY TOUGHER THAN THIS. Unless of course you’re a military cook trying to prepare food for thousands whilst under fire, or you’re a parent on a tiny income trying to serve healthy food to a family, or a parent trying to eek out a meagre meal for your family in a famine zone… But to be fair, they are trying to make middle -class dinner part food on telly, so that’s pretty hard core 🙄

yunki
    Free Member

Little do they realise what this would mean.

you may well say that.. but Mrs yunki worked in high pressure commercial kitchens.. some of then fine dining establishments, all her adult life.. only giving it up when yunki Jr was born.. (because of the 8am starts and 2am finishes)

she thrives on it.. it’s about passion I think.. not cushty hours and a nice pension..

But to be fair, they are trying to make middle -class dinner part food on telly, so that’s pretty hard core

or.. they’re attending a very public eight week selection process in an attempt to drastically improve their future.. putting their precision skills and creative talent to the test time and time again under intense scrutiny in a competitive and highly pressured environment..

not quite a famine situation but quite a challenging endeavour for our cosy western psyche..

jimmy

I’m going to become a stalker

I think you’ll end up the one pleading for your life. But yeah…

phil.w
    Free Member

you may well say that..

Indeed I may Yunki. As I have also been there and done that. 🙂

gwaelod
    Free Member

With very few exceptions telly programmes are made for thick people.

If you aren’t thick you won’t enjoy them.

Radio 4, books and internet blogs are the spaces where entertainment and information are. Telly, newspapers and the internet sites of the organisations that broadcast and publish TV and press are for those who do not wish to be informed, but need to be distracted from how empty their lives are..

t_i_m
    Free Member

“watching tv doesn’t get any tougher than this”

Pook

trying from phone….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

chakaping
    Free Member

Hahaha.

Poor guy’s probably turned to drink after being so comprehensively upstaged by Michel Roux Jr on the “Professionals” version (which is way better).

ourmaninthenorth

Am I wrong?

No idea, but “lauranauder” has a striking resemblance to your previous (alter) ego, elfinsafety.

Got any more original aliases/saved up logins?

🙄

yunki
    Free Member

for those who do not wish to be informed, but need to be distracted from how empty their lives are..

everything in moderation..

all of us have an inner ‘thick’ person.. we were not born intellectual giants..

and this inner child needs to be stimulated too.. or else will start demanding attention.. which mightn’t give the result that you’d hoped for whilst you neglected yourself..

andytherocketeer

Yes, the false drama in the majority of modern TV is annoying, unnecessary and patronising.

Every blimmin’ quiz show since Who Wants to be a Millionaire. The whole show is just the contestant umming and arring and trying to make their mind up on their answer, while there’s stupid tension building drone going on. (edit: and then even more tension to find out the answer). Just blimmin’ well get on with it! One place the Beeb can’t make cutbacks now is quiz show question researchers cos there’s only about 15 questions in the entire show!
    (not that I watch anything other than Only Connect and University Challenge)

As for Masterchef… I don’t know who winds me up the most… John Torrode, or that voiceover lady.
    Give me proper food programmes that give me inspiration for dinner. The late Keith Floyd is pretty much a permanent fixture on Travel Channel.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well spotted ourmaninthenorth.

hora
    Free Member

After what he said about the owners of the site, why would he comeback. Where’s his self respect or pride?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Whoever it was they have been blocked, smoke fire etc.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Masterchef – A good programme spoiled?’ is closed to new replies.