Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Masterchef…
  • poppa
    Free Member

I appreciate that it’s a long running TV series and risks going stale, but it seems a bit X-factor now. Lifelines indeed.

A noticeable amount of shots of Greg and John exhanging man-love, too.

theotherjonv

annoyed after about 15 mins and had to switch off. Hopefully once auditions are over we can return to the proper format.

Can’t bear the bit where you have long lingering shots of John’s face looking like he’s about to tell someone their kid has an untreatable illness. When in reality, he’s about to say their sauce is a bit thin and their mash has lumps in.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’m finding the last few series increasingly harder to watch.

Particularly infuriating is the soundtrack and the stupid **** pauses for a brief sound effect like a chop or something.

Don’t get me started on that bird that does the voice over……..

And will somebody please teach baldy how to hold his bloody cutlery!

rewski
    Free Member

Stinking heap of over boiled veg, false jeopardy, false emotions, and the geezer who got through with the bread covered mackerel copied his dish from the short ginger geordie chef off telly anyway. Where is Rick Stein when you need him?

And another thing, why must they insist on cutting a knife chop sound effect to the music, it’s so frigging naff, please sell the format to ITV or Five.

Wookster

Hmmmmm not so keen on the new format at all, hoping later stages will be better. Love the professional M/C Monica is a legend hope they won’t do this stage with that.

poppa
    Free Member

Aye, my favourite version is the Professionals. The new set looks a bit tacky to me too.

BoardinBob

The Australian Masterchef format is excellent

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

They’re cooking a meal, who cares?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, they’ve got to have a mix of people regardless of their cooking abilities.

We have the trendy american
    The geezer
    Giggly tubby woman
    The succesful professional looking for a life change, etc

Tonight I predict one of the succesful candiates will be blonde with big, erm ‘mixing bowls’

brakes
    Free Member

used to be good in the 2005+ format but went a bit stale about a year ago with Michel Roux.
    I thought I’d catch the new series to see what had changed and it had me blaring and spitting profanity at the x-factor format.
    people have no imagination.

warton
    Free Member

totally ruined a good format, hopefully it will get back to normal after the auditions. The lad with his quails eggs and hollandaise had me laughing though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The hollandaise was hilarious. How much frickin sauce?!?

Bimbler
    Free Member

format but went a bit stale about a year ago with Michel Roux

That’s the professional one. Not the original one, the kiddy one or the celebrity one :sigh:

I hate the bloody show but the missus can’t get enough.

We have the trendy american
    The geezer
    Giggly tubby woman
    The succesful professional looking for a life change, etc

Where’s the flipping eye candy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To add to the hollandaise comment, the show was beyond shit. The pregnant pauses and exchanged glances between Torode and Wallace were as contrived as I’ve seen.

dazzlingboy

+1 for “new format sucks”. Too many lingering shots of Wallace pulling silly faces and Torode looking like he’s going to cry. Cack. Hope for return to normality soon.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Both the judges get to shout and shove huge mouthfuls of food in their mouths – how do you land a job like that?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Masterchef…’ is closed to new replies.