Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marzocchi repairs
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Quick question after collecting my bike from Halfords and telling them that the forks are kinda creaky and the lockout no longer works on my marzocchi tst2 44's the lad said he will phone the repair agents for marzocchi and will get them sent back for a repair. The lad said that the crowd that do rock shox normally take up to 7-10 days turn round , any idea what kinda time I will have to wait for forks to return. Im off work for a week so obviously going to wait till after then to send the bike in.

By the way it must be said for all the negative talk on here of Halfords the boys at Straiton , Edinburgh do a decent job.

andrewh
    Free Member

Windwave do parts for Marzzochis. They are bunch of useless to$$ers.
    Got so fed up waiting for new part that I gave up (3 months is enough really, and constantly hassling them) sold them as spares or repair and bought a set of Pace off Fleabay. If you have a newer set (mine were only 5 years old though) they may have the right bit in stock, hope they do!

sherry
    Free Member

Expect to wait around 2/3 weeks at least although its usually over a month . I have had a few warranty issues with Marzocchi in the past and they don't really do things quickly. To be fair there probably busy with all poor forks Marzocchi have produced lately. It sounds like your steerer crown assembly might be creaking as I had to send some forks off last year to be repaired for the same reason, they upgraded the stantion, crown and steerer assembly to the corsa ones then I just sold them and bought Rock Shox.

stanfree
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply , dosen't fill me with confidence though.

sherry
    Free Member

I recently had to warranty some 2009 Rock shox Lyrik's in Jan and was so annoyed about it as they were only around 70 minutes old until they broke that I phoned the shop and Fisher outdoor twice a week for 2 weeks until fisher sent me some new 2010 forks as they didn't have the part. If Windwave cant repair them quickly ask what the solutions going to be as you need the Forks/bike and are not prepared to wait month's on end. Be polite but stern and demand a quick solution, you may get lucky. Distributors are fully aware that people use forums etc and bad publicity aint good in today's climate as there are plenty other brands to pick from. Might not come to that though.

stanfree
    Free Member

Just wished I had put them in a while back as the weather is getting better now and ill miss possibly 3 – 4 weeks on my bike. 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi repairs’ is closed to new replies.