Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Marzocchi 55's
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Are these reliable once again now – return to open bath etc – It's now a case of 36s vs Lyics vs 55s

am I right? That purple ltd edition would go rather well with my green nomad…

rockthreegozy
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I guess now Marzocchi have said, "we did get a bit crap but we're sorting that one now" means they've got to get it spot on this year. If not, they'll be dead in the water. I hope they do get it right. I still think my '98 Bombers were the best fork I've ever owned.

hora
    Free Member

That purple ltd edition would go rather well with my green nomad…

Vastly overpriced for old/simple technology?

Why?

furry_marmot
    Free Member

'09 55 ATA Micro here – works impeccably, zero problems. despite being supposedly one of the worst forks in history (if you believe the hype). sure, 2008 was a year to avoid, but since then I get the impression everything has been fine *except* the PR!

I'd buy a 55RC3 Ti in a flash if I had the money spare – the RC3 cartridge is hardly old technology and all the RC coil/oil Bombers I've ridden/raced for the past 12 years have been invariably superb.

hora
    Free Member

2010 RC3- Why would you pay £800 for those forks? Madness. Even though Im not a Fox fan I'd have 36's all day long over any Mazzorchi.

Ive owned (and returned) a fair few Mazzorchi's as well.

If they really wanted to win back their fanbase. Surely they'd price old technology in a keen way. Pricing it similar to proven and more advanced competitors is arrogance bordering on insulting.

james
    Free Member

"despite being supposedly one of the worst forks in history"
    I think the '09 ones were supposed to be fine, they were upgrading '08 ones to '09 internals when the '08 ones failed. Its the ATA system (I think) thats the problem, hence why '07 XC700s suffered too

hora
    Free Member

My 10 year anniversary Bomber RC3's had their cart replaced (and they werent ATA).

55 R's- rebound cart replaced. I dont think the R's have ATA?

Iv'e nothing but dismay for Mazz. Since their huge debts/sale to someone who then moved all production overseas to save money- hey its a DIFFERENT company to what it was.

To charge market leaders prices- ridiculous.

I'll leave this thread now. If you are spending your hard-earned money- buy Fox.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

I know – that price is steep – but if they work as well or better than a 36VanR and don't need to be serviced every other ride… all that time saved.. and that purple is nice..and you get a trade deal…(which, by the way, is still megabucks!) ……hmmmm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

how is the RC3 cartridge old technology?

We're talking dampers here, I'd hazard a guess that even F1 cars use somehing not too dissimilar to a shimmed damper!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I'd buy a set but not for £800.

Marzocchi have to really rethink their prices before they get my custom.

hora
    Free Member

First website I searched:

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/23599/Fox_36_FLOAT_RC2_Forks_2010

Why the **** would anyone spend £800-900 on Mazz forks? Crackers. TBH any forks but thats not the arguement here.

Im not trolling, I am actually gobsmacked over their pricing knowing that they should be trying to win back custom.

So Hyundia offer a 7yr warranty to build a brand. If hyundia then priced their i10 at 11 grand you'd laugh non-stop wouldnt you?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I wouldn't touch Fox 36s at full price- tried two sets (one 05 Talas, one 06 Vanilla) and they were very dissapointing.

06 Marzocchi 66 RC2X- best single crown fork ever*

*Haven't tried Totem/Lyriks but they'd have to be a lot better than Pikes!

didmatt
    Free Member

My bike came with 08's 55's TST2's, had the internals replaced after they broke. Pretty decent forks now they have been fixed.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

aye, my bike was supplied with '08 55 ATA2s, rode em til they broke then got the internals replaced with the '09 cartridge and they're super smooth now.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Singletrack test pair going very well so far. Were on Ragley Ti, now on an Intense SS. Review to come in the mag but not for a few months to give time to evaluate longer term reliability.

dans160
    Free Member

I've had two sets of Marz forks: 04 Z1 Freerides; made of pig iron but worked brilliantly and a pair of anniversary Z1 Bombers. Both brilliant and their ETA system is by far the easiest and most useful. Currently using 2010 Van 36RC2s which are great but one of the stantions is already marked from top to bottom due to the crummy seals. Nice and smooth though.

The new 55s look great but the price is frightening.

el_boufador

I really like my 2006 AM SL1s, which went on to be the 55s

nasher
    Free Member

Guy

Im currently testing the £300 rrp 55 RCV (2010 model) and for the money its ACE!!!

Its abit weighty but fora solid reliable and simple fork for alpine guide use its perfect…

I will do a full review once I have a few more miles under them to test reliability.

I also tried the 66 RC3 OMG waaaayy nicer than my old 2009 RC3's

FOx will have a 180mm travel fox 36 out in May!!!

nasher
    Free Member

Guy

Im currently testing the £300 rrp 55 RCV (2010 model) and for the money its ACE!!!

Its abit weighty but fora solid reliable and simple fork for alpine guide use its perfect…

I will do a full review once I have a few more miles under them to test reliability.

I also tried the 66 RC3 OMG waaaayy nicer than my old 2009 RC3's

FOX will have a 180mm travel fox 36 out in May!!! just ordered mine…

GEDA
    Free Member

Are you sure they are the RCV model for £300 there are some RV versions for that price but not any RCV ones 2010 that I can find.

nasher
    Free Member

Sorry

I meant RV

retro83
    Free Member

RC3 Evo sounds like exactly what I want. Shame the forks are so expensive.

ome times is hard to decide if the product should be designed to suit the Pro riders need or the average mountain biker. So we decided to let the rider decide. Our revolutionary RC3 open bath cartridge is the first serviceable an with an interchangeable compression shims set to accomplish all your needs. Developed with the precious help of our Pro riders we achieved the goal to perfectly tune the same fork for Thomas Vanderham or Wade Simmons and Richie Schley and Rob J. All this riders knows how to bring the bike to the limit but they all have different riding style and weights! There is no magic and no secret, it’s motorcycle industry tuning procedure! Now, would you go to the mall with a F1 Ferrari? Or would you race Valentino Rossi with a Vespa? Now you can!
    RC3 EVO is the most advanced Marzocchi Open Bath System. RC3 EVO cartridge allows to have the maximum freedom in the setting. In addition to external rebound adjuster (black knob on top) and compression ( gold knob on the bottom), there is the possibility to install different shim stacks in order to get a customized compression setting.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55's’ is closed to new replies.