Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mary Townley Loop Today
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

Best of luck to everyone ! ruddy awfull conditions out there but hey ho you cant turn off the rain ! lol. ( i hear theres a big 'leisurelakes van' there at the mo, with an awning attached, and lots of mechanics fettling…lol
    plenty of mountain rescue people too so thats good !
    good looook…..
    😉 :mrgreen:

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Much kudos to the MTL Challengers!!!!

Seeing the weather forecast I failed to M(W)TFU and did 60km (2 full loops) around Penmachno on Saturday. Am still a wimp!!

And it rains…

B@rney
    Free Member

I’ve been out this morning with the dogs (live on the edge of the Townley) and its bleak so good luck its going to be awful !!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

Here

I posted on a similar thread a few weeks back, saying it was going to be ‘orrible and wet. Gingerflash insisted it would be sunny and hot. I would have a warm fuzzy feeling if I knew he was doing it today.

Junkyard
    Free Member

just been out about 20 miles away and it was awful. Low visibility, biblical rain and rather windy. Managed three hours but was soaked by the end despite expensive [non Aldi 😉 ] wet wear and my phone is wet and broken now 😥
    They will all be cold and wet by the muddy end.

elaineanne
    Free Member

my son completed it with a few of his mates…but conditions were absolutely trecherous…i was out and about around different checkpoints, sending people the correct way (many people were going wrong so they were happy wen i helped them (plces such as Bottomly near walsden) and others up near the New Delight Pub -Colden area), and another area as you come down the long causeway near the Ram Inn at Cliviger (people almost went wrong there too…. so ive been a big help today driving around (hope it was appreciated !
    everyone was muddy as hell… best time was 5 and a half hours i think, many people completing it in 7-8 hours due to the muddy conditions and no brake pads (metal touching metal)…one guy went through 2 sets of brake pads on route (they all said you was on the brakes most of the time as it was so wet out there…
    wen they all got back to Fearns high school there was cake and coffee and free massarges (from kind people from Salford uni ! lol
    only half people finsished apparently due to conditions… so well done to all that took part..in such rubbish conditions lol…

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol, sorry to disappoint scottchegg, we had a previous engagement yesterday so he missed the pleasure!

rone

I enjoyed this last year and it was pretty dry, but decided against it this time! Well done to those who saw it through.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Shame! I suspect a tactical ‘previous engaement’

JimBowen
    Free Member

hats off to anyone who completed it yesterday. i was supposed to do it with my dad but took one look at the weather and spewed it!!
    My dad still did it, finished 11th in a time just over 6 hours which is pretty god considering the conditions and the fact that he is 62!!!! good one ya dad, i’m well proud of you.

mrsflash
    Free Member

nct post birth meet up – the glanour!

Artillerydave
    Free Member

I was out in this yesterday, 8hrs 48 mins in horrendous conditions, I was so tired at the end I didn’t even have the energy for a free massage!!! Wasn’t many out at all, a lot less than last year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mary Townley Loop Today’ is closed to new replies.