Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Martial Art
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

and what are you looking for from martial arts?

juan
    Free Member

I have been doing judo for 24 years and enjoy every bits of it. If it's for "real life situation" every martial art is going to help at some point as all will improve fitness space awardness and reflexes.

Then the mighty elbow or the ton move are very handy in real life situation.

nickname
    Free Member

Maybe you could try some mixed martial arts classes. Get todo a bit of everything – striking, grappling, submissions etc 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

For sheer explosive power, traditional Muay Thai (NOT kickboxing) is your friend. Results can be seen quite quickly.

For close quarter damage then look at Wing Chun. It's a system that can be learned in a relatively short span although dedication will be required as with all other styles.

If you are willing to commit a major part of your time and dedicate yourself to learning it properly then Aikido will provide your answers but be aware, it is a long journey.

Kempo is a good blend that will include some weapons training. I particularly enjoyed this one.

One of the traditional Kung Fu systems will provide you with a new obsession. The five animal system is particularly interesting.

Traditional Karate styles such as Goju Ryu, Shukokai and Shotokan will provide a fascinating hobby and facilitate good friends but effective self defence can take a while.

If I had to choose, then for self defence it would be Wing Chun followed by Muay Thai. For a hobby, then a formal Kung Fu system with weapons training or Shukokai karate would be my choice.

SaxonRider

and what are you looking for from martial arts?

I took Kung Fu for a few months when I was young and loved it, but had too full a plate a the time to carry on. I have always been awed by the form and almost dance-like beauty of the discipline, and fancy getting into it again. At the same time, I am quite open-minded and just a bit romantic (I love The Seven Samurai).

Seriously, though, I simply appreciate the finesse and discipline involved, even while I would also like the boost in confidence I assume it might lend me – together with the potential 'usefulness' of it (although I don't anticipate ever finding myself in a fight).

Aristotle
    Free Member

I've just had a quick look on the www and that Krav Maga sounds very interesting.

For fitness and conditioning, boxing (western or Thai)at a good gym is probably hard to beat.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

So by the comment's dude it's down to personal choice. What are you looking to get out of martial arts ? Me, it's been and still is a challange, a journey.

Boxing, whether it's Traditional, Thai or Kick is great for fairly quick fitness and dare I say it 'hardness' and is still the most street savy.

Your more trad arts, Karate,TKD,Judo,Kung fu, do tend to follow a more rigid format, but if you stick to it and gain your 1st Dan, believe me it's the greatest feeling in the world and no one can ever take it away from you.

I've got a great bunch of mates who I have met through Martial arts in all corners of the globe, just like mtbing community 8)

Good luck !

actiondan
    Free Member

Did ITF Tae Kwon do for years, which is different to WTF Tae Kwon Do, then studied Wing Chun which is a close combat form, my young boy does Wu Shu Kung Fu which is very acrobatic & Jumpy form. You basicallly need to find the art form suited to your movement and physique and strength, also find something you enjoy and stick with it.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

This sensei is very good
    Aikido BAF

These are a little bit more relaxed but still good from what i understand
    Aikido

Happy searching

sq225917
    Free Member

That first Akido guy is so good he must have mastered the higher level of online invisibility!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Martial Art’ is closed to new replies.