Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Marstons Old Empire
  • Oxboy
    Free Member

Just trying my first bottle of it ever now. I gotta tell you it must be the best beer I have ever tasted!
    Its an Indian Pale Ale at 5.7% beautiful stuff, it has a rich malty bitter taste to it, just a shame I only have the 1 bottle 😥

I suppose a lot of you have tried it but I’m a newbie to all this real ale lark! I’m loving trying all of the different beers, beats that fizzy lager rubbish I used to drink hands down.

4ndyB
    Free Member

It’s a superb ale, as is their Single malt (if a little lower ABV)

AndyPaice
    Free Member

lovelly beer ! get yourself to the Marstons Brewery shop in Burton on Trent where there are cases to be had 😀

kinda666
    Free Member

I prefer deuchars IPA tbh, old empire tastes a little strong for me, not that i don’t like stronger ales, just not that one!

porterclough
    Free Member

Tastes a bit ‘oily’ somehow to me. Firestoker is Marston’s best offering IMHO, lovely vanilla aftertaste.

The best IPA is Thornbridge Jaipur…

Oxboy
    Free Member

Thanks for all the recommendations, no doubt I shall try them all at some stage!

kinda666
    Free Member

Fav’s ATM are golden glory and crabbies alcoholic ginger beer!

Inbred456
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with Old Empire a great session beer, deuchars is a good one as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe I got a duff bottle, thought it was a bit disappointing and one dimensional compared to Deuchars. Not even as nice as Greene King.

Can we have some more IPA recommendations while we’re on the subject?

🙂

wors

mrs got me a couple of tescos own IPA a few weeks ago, very nice.

thepodge
    Free Member

tescos own IPA = bland

just pop down the shop and get one of each, i spent far too much on beers last time i got let loose and its been well worth it

Keef
    Free Member

Another vote for ‘old empire’ here,my fave bottled ale at the mo,never seen it on tap tho……?

thepodge
    Free Member

most of these you’ll only find in or around Sheffield but you should all hunt out

Abbeydale – Moonshine / Absolution

Kelham Island – Pale Rider / Easy Rider

Wentworth – WPA

Bradfield brewery – Farmers Blond / Farmers Pale Ale

the Sheffield brewery company – Blanco Blonde / Fiver Rivers / Golden Flame

the brew company – Frontier IPA / Slaker / Spring Bock

for easy to get hold of stuff try

Marston’s – Double Drop / Strong Pale Ale / Firestoker

Brewdog – Punk IPA / Hardcore IPA

Greene King – IPA / abbot ale

that should keep you all going for a while. next time i do a shop i’ll repost with an update

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Marstons Old Empire’ is closed to new replies.