Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marshbrook Marathon
  • j5kol
    Free Member

Does anybody know the route for the half marathon, i know it is 45km but would like to know what it takes in so i know how much pain to prep myself for ?

Speshpaul

the route used for the last 2 years is on garmin connect.
    but if you know the mynd its up the foresty next to mynton batch, loop round and down the southern end of the mynd up black knoll – thats the worst climb 3 big lumps. then some singletrack down to asterton. more general stuff then a grind of a climb back up, across the top and wizz down MB. all good

has anyone got or done the mini route wondering about doing it with my lad, but he is a bit nervous about it

j5kol
    Free Member

Anyone got a map for it, doesn’t seem to be one on the site ?

ononeorange

We really wanted to do this again but they’ve moved it to blasted Saturday which rules it out unless you live fairly locally.

Hope it moves back to Sunday again for next year.

Speshpaul

if you can’t get on to garmin drop me an email and i’ll link it to you

mick
    Free Member

has anyone got or done the mini route wondering about doing it with my lad, but he is a bit nervous about it

Was up there yesterday, the routes are all marked now. Looks like the mini route splits from the rest after the big climb up from Plowden and carries straight on across the airfield then turns down Minton (not MB) to the finish.

Oh yes should mention I’d forgotten how little shade there is on the Mynd, make sure you take plenty of sun cream!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marshbrook Marathon’ is closed to new replies.