Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope pro 2 rear conversion (non evo)
  • naffa
    Free Member

Hi I’m looking to buy a secondhand rear pro 2 hub. It is advertised as 135×12. Is it possible to convert it to 9mm qr with the use of converters like the front ones?

Thanks Nathan

TrevorB

Pro 2 QR You will need this kit

naffa
    Free Member

Thank you. Is it much of a job?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

A doddle , I did it in reverse so QR to thru axle

daveh
    Free Member

If you’re buying the bits then I’d consider 10mm bolt thru for extra stiffness. The axle and caps will cost you the same, just add a superstar 10mm quick release. I’ve actually got both options in the garage doing nothing after a change to 142×12…..

Underhill
    Free Member

I have an axle & end caps for qr if you’re interested in it. Easy job to convert, 10 or 15 minutes work at most.

That said, unless you have a good reason to use 9mm qr, daveh’s suggestion is a good one.

coatesy
    Free Member

I’d probably set aside a bit more time, my experience says that everything inside will be clogged with accumulated filth that’ll need some time consuming cleaning prior to re-assembly. It’ll also be a good idea to change the pawl springs too, they have a fairly short lifespan, and at £3 a set, infinitely preferable to being stranded miles from home with no drive.

naffa
    Free Member

Daveh would you email me please. I cant find an email address in your profile.

Thanks Nathan

daveh
    Free Member

Done 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 rear conversion (non evo)’ is closed to new replies.