Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Marlon Bronson RIP (?-2011)
  • roper
    Free Member

I could see it was coming.
    Little old Marlon Bronson has been looking old and frail for a while. This morning he couldn’t walk, though still tried to bite me, and he has now died. Fighting until the end.
    I’ve been desperate to get him mated. I bought a female but he only seemed interested in eating her food and drinking her water. After many failed mating attemps, I left him for an overnight stay in her enclosure last week, expecting to find him as a tidy eaten little silked package outside her burrow. Instead I found him looking well and her burrow silked over, which I suspect could mean they did mate. Fingers crossed I might hear the sound of many pattering feet.
    Anyway, here are a few snaps of Marlon, thanks for the memories 🙂

the big man as a little lad

tring to bite me

fighting off an attack from his partner

and tring to bite me again

Marlon Bronson

tails
    Free Member

I’m glad you like them!! uurrrghh!! look at his fangs! 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He was an aggressive little bugger, weren’t he?

racefaceec90

r.i.p Marlon Bronson (fantastic name by the way 😉 sorry 😳 🙁

Bregante

]Bumped off by his Missus after years of domestic abuse I reckon.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well at least it seems he got a bunk up before he died. I bet you would’ve been gutted if Marlon had died a virgin.

rainbow
    Free Member

🙄 it’s only a spider for god’s sake 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BLASPHEMER!!!! ^

Burn him/her.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah you can say that behind the safety of your keyboard rainbow, but I bet you wouldn’t have said it to Marlon’s face, when he was alive, God bless him.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah cos Marlon wooduv bit yer, and you’duv died horribly and slowfully and painfully. 😐

roper
    Free Member

only a spider

How dare you!!!
    Marlon was my best man when I got married, and there at the birth of my son, Marlon. He even offered a kidney when I got a stone, but we don’t have the same blood type.
    I hope you realise how foolish you sound, “only a spider”, pissssssssh.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’ve upset Roper, Rainbow. That’s bang out of order. 🙁

Hadge
    Free Member

Very sad indeed. I lost my female Horned Baboon a couple of months ago without her being mated 😥

kaesae
    Free Member

😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I lost my female Horned Baboon a couple of months ago ….

I had to look up Horned Baboon as I had no idea what it was. I was surprised to discover just how “unbaboon-like” they are. And they also appear to have a distinct lack of “horns”.

Hadge
    Free Member

They have one horn which if you look at the bottom picture you can just make it out in the middle of it’s body. I could have said Ceratogyrus darlingi which is what we know it best as 🙂

roper
    Free Member

sorry about that Hadge, if I get some slings I’ll let you know. 🙂

Most African tarantulas are called baboons. Their legs are supposed to resemble a baboons finger. There are a few horned baboons. It is a sort or horn called a foveal horn, found in the centre of the carapace. C.marshali have the largest horn , about 2cm or so.

edit, hadge hows your green snake doing? Has it got its mature coouration yet?

corroded
    Free Member

RIP Marlon. He looked like a bad-ass spider.

Hadge
    Free Member

Cheers Pete, that will be great and best of luck and I hope they did “do the business”
    Here’s the GTP in it’s latest colour phase. I can’t wait for the full on “proper” Green colour to come out but it’s getting there. I’m just in the process of completing it’s new full-on planted viv with misting system too. It’ll be the centre piece in my living room when it’s completed lol

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheerio Marlon. 🙁

grantway
    Free Member

roper – Member
    only a spider

How dare you!!!
    Marlon was my best man when I got married, and there at the birth of my son, Marlon. He even offered a kidney when I got a stone, but we don’t have the same blood type.
    I hope you realise how foolish you sound, “only a spider”, pissssssssh.

??????

roper
    Free Member

Stunning snake there Hadge. You can see the colour coming through.
    I would be interested in seeing the full set up when it’s completed too. It sounds great.I will have to wait a few months to see if the mating was succesful. The female has been acting a little differently so I am hopeful.

grantway, he was a special spider 😉

argoose
    Free Member

all these weird and wonderful creatures, I prefer more mainstream pets like an armadillo or an elephant called Keith 🙄

TheSanityAssassin

I suppose it’s only fitting to report his demise on the web….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Boom-boom! 😆

Excellent.

That is a proper ‘snakey’ snake what Hadge’s got there, in’t it? 😮

Ernie showed me his snake once. It was not nice at all. He made me touch it even though I didn’t want to. 😥

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Marlon Bronson RIP (?-2011)’ is closed to new replies.