• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mt.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Marin Rough ride – opinions
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Yey or ney?

Any past experiences? Is it worth the trip out?

ton

very yey.
    cracking ride and area.

peteimpreza

The best organised event I have done to date in this country.

The most boring MTB ride I have done to date in this country.

Cracking scenery mind.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hmm

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

it goes up, up, up and then down, then up and then down again for 70 to 80km depending on the route they pick.

Done the long one a couple of times and it's a good event, well organised, beautiful scenery.

A very XC style ride, nothing technical.

Nick

Nice day out

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

already signed up

nbt

Beautiful part of the country. Excellent event. Worth paying extra to stay at the proper campsite in the town (next to the river) rather than the sloping field they offered as part of the event when we did it.

br
    Free Member

Good event, and good riding – just make sure you do the long one as since you've driven that far you may as well make a day of it.

Last year the 75km winner (somehow) did it in less than 4 hours, whereas I took a far more respectable time of 7 😉

chrispalmr
    Free Member

Grassy climbing hell (a bit harsh, but not too much!)

I rode in '08 and you could have tackled the course in either direction and not known which way was intended. Long, hot, boring.

Clink

Nice long day out in beautiful scenery. Not technical – although mate was hospitalised 2 years ago – crashed on fast descent, knocked himself out, ruptured ligaments in shoulder. 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

More +ve than -Ve there, might well get on and sign up.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

CR marathon wasn't technical but the speed you can travel at in some parts made up for that. If I want groomed trails I'll head to Afan or Brechfa.

mt
    Free Member

Truly great day out, well organised by very friendly people. Kington is a real nice little town that puts on a good show for all it's visitor that weekend. Course can be fast for the fit or a good long day out with fantastic views. It can be hard due to the almost total lack of flat, you are either going up or down. It's around 80 with very little tarmac. See you there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Marin Rough ride – opinions’ is closed to new replies.