Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Manx End2End – Howd you do?
  • Shred
    Free Member

So, How did everyone do? I managed to beat my goal by 1 min and did a 4:29.

Absolutely great day, brilliant weather, good course especially the last descent and the section through the plantation.

Looking forward to next year and another 30 min off my time!

stof41
    Free Member

managed 4.34, not bad for a first go at anything over 35 miles.
    weather couldn't of been better.

boxelder

I was riding in West Cumbria and looking across to IoM. What a stunning day – jealous. Only been once (Polaris challenge in '02?) – really enjoyed the place. May try for E2E next year

drapes
    Free Member

I finished in 4hrs 02 mins. Was aiming for 4.5hrs so was well chuffed. Fantastic weekend. Lots of travelling though but worth it. Saw loads of offs in the rutts and on the mud. Bit frustrating on the singletrack sections where it was hard to pass.

Was also chuffed to have zero mechanicals or punctures!

🙂

Gordymac
    Free Member

First time over at the End 2 End and i managed 3hrs 49min which placed me 85th overall and a pleasant surprise of 29th in the 30-39 age group.

Great course and organisation, well marshalled, plenty of food on offer and fantastic weather, what more can a mountain biker ask for in an event.

Thanks and well done to the Manx mtb crew.

Gordymac
    Fyrishbikes.com

discbrakediva
    Free Member

Sounds like it was a blast! We would have been there had the travel agent informed us of a)lack of parking at Liverpool Pierhead and b)check in closing 45 minutes before departure; unfortunately we were left watching the ferry leaving Liverpool 15 minutes early and us not on it!! Not amused!
    Definately up for it next year but booking everything ourselves and not relying on travel agent

knott4me
    Free Member

5 hours 6 mins missed silver by 6 minutes .
    crap had set in by 30 miles after flying up all the climbs others pushed up,i guess they knew better.

beat last years mud time by 31 minutes.

terrahawk
    Free Member

absolutely brilliant event. I placed 27th overall with 3.18, 12th in the 30-39 cat.
    will have another go next year for sure.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

76th in 3hr 44min, I was aiming to beat 4 hours and did so by over 15mins, very happy

Results here
    http://www.manxtimingsolutions.com/Results/2009/20090913_E2EMTB/Results_Overall.pdf

Photos here
    http://www.glphotos.co.uk

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/manxmann73/E2e09?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6BvpLbg9rpRg#

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/davet/end2end09/

I also think there should be a single speed prize/group

robarnold
    Free Member

3:39 here 56th overall, beat my PB in 07 by 4 mins, well chuffed.

Cramp from two thirds distance and some chronic jogger's nipple were minor hindrances!

The biggest and best yet, roll on 2010!

ps. massive respect to Bonzo for 4:04 on a singlespeed

ratcatcher

managed a 4.27 an awesome event and stunning weather
    and got some ace pics on the way
    big thanks to all organisers and helpers

Wiksey
    Free Member

I had two aims:
    1. Finish – Tick
    2. Don't Miss the last bus – Tick

Did it in a steady away 6hrs 34.
    Biggest thanks from me goes to the St Johns drinks stop for having enough water to allow me to restock.

uplink
    Free Member

I'm off over there next Easter
    Has anyone got any recommendations for a B&B in Douglas with bike storage?

jim
    Free Member

A steady 4:58 for my first time this year, really enjoyed the course and the beautiful weather 🙂

mick_r

Mrs did 4:25 which she seems very happy with. Didn't blow but lost a lump of time with cramp in last 7 miles (kids and work mean we hardly ever get out on proper long rides to train for this sort of thing – so cramp etc is inevitable I guess).

Then she finished it off with 32 miles home from Heysham yesterday 🙂

Amazing number of spangly new bikes at Liverpool ferry terminal on saturday morning!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

What was the total distance this year?

Wiksey
    Free Member

What was the total distance this year?

I clocked it at just under 42 miles

JohnClimber
    Free Member

and 5200ft of climbing

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Sweet, will do it next year. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 hardest) how hard was it.

If anyone did Merida Marathon Selkirk how did it compare?

clareymorris

Absolutely cracking event……….even though I had a puncture I did about 4:40something, 9th in category. What a stunning stunningday it was. Even the start was fabulous!! I'll upload some photos when I get a chance. We stayed on another 2 days and did some more ridin. Highly recommended 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Manx End2End – Howd you do?’ is closed to new replies.