Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Manchester Velodrome taster session
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’m in the process of putting one together for later in the year. I’ll need 16 people and it will cost £10 for an hour + £4.20 (IIRC) shoe hire if you need it.

The plan is for it will be a weekday evening at 9:00pm.

If you fancy it drop me an e-mail (details in profile) and I’ll put together a mailing list for when I have more information.

binners

I’m in!
    Just mailed you fella

RustySpanner

YGM Harry.

Myself and Ms Spanner definitely interested.

One of the Spannerettes and her bloke (both roadies) might be up for it too, will let you know when I’ve asked.

hora
    Free Member

I’m im. YGM.

binners, remember my rear wheel sliding as I went along the steep banking and the instructor shouting ‘keep pedalling’! (uh ok) 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Good man, men, women (getting replies faster than I can type responses).

This could be quite a night out. 😀

RustySpanner

I’ve never met Hora or Binners before (I don’t think) – what injections do I need? 😀

hora
    Free Member

Just make sure you keep us apart, its like sexual-dynamite when we are together 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t do anything that could damage the varnish on the track.

hp_source

Yeah, I’m in for this…. sent you an email.

Cheers
    Keith

binners

Hora, he didn’t shout that. The Brian Glover (circa: Kes) instructor shouted “GET DOWN OFF THAT BLOODY BANKING!!!!” as you wobbled around at the top like a pissed cat on a skateboard.

Hora’s right though RS. When we’re together we hit a sort of critical mass. Like a radioactive isotope. The results are equally as destructive and unpleasant 😯

MrSparkle

Keep me posted please.

Harry_the_Spider

Will do.

m-a-t-t
    Free Member

I’m in! Will email you now…

Coleman
    Free Member

Have sent mail. Hope you have some places left! Thanks

derek_starship
    Free Member

The Starship is having slice of Velodrome action.

I will bring along a NBC suit for the hora / binners thing.

Harry_the_Spider

Bump for the evening shift.

It will probably be Monday May 9th or 16th. Just waiting for the velodrome to get back to me.

Once the date is confirmed i’ll contact everyone on the list and work out a method of payment. I’ll need £10 up front to cover the cost of the booking.

The first 16 to pay are in.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’m in email on it’s way.

portlyone

I’ll give it a go too.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If theres space, I’ll come along too. Been meaning to give it another go for ages!

hora
    Free Member

Its not hard or daunting however you really do need to hydrate fully before you go.

That was the only thing that made me come down off the banking. My throat and mouth were like cloth. Glug and back off again. This time I’ll start the night before/during the day on some o2.

Its very calming, rhythmic and flowy(?)

big_n_daft
    Free Member

don’t forget to take the peaks off your helmets 😉

crazy-legs

And don’t wear baggies!

mrchrispy

<puts up hand>
    Ooo Ooo Ooo….me please!!!

YGM

mrchrispy

I rememeber thinking “how hard can it be?” and then 5 mins later thinking “how bloodyhard is this!!”

binners

Its absolutely exhausting!!! I drank about 60 gallons of water in an hour.

The speed you get when you’re coming down off the banking though! Brilliant fun!!

Me and the Enigma both wore baggies and kept our peaks on our helmets. We were treated like we’d just stepped off the Sunshine Bus 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

if you can see where you are going with a peak on your lid while in the drops then you are doing it wrong.

you don’t need a peak on your lid to give away your mtb heritage, the thrashing pedaling technique does that.
    (nearly as bad as watching roadies ride mtb’s round corners)

Harry_the_Spider

Mr Crispy your e-mail made me laugh like this guy

Still trying to sort out the booking with the velodrome. Trying to give them a wad of cash is proving to be more difficult than expected. 🙄

If/when I can get it book I will contact the first 16 people who e-mailed me and give them an allotted time to send me a tenner. If they don’t then the next person on the list gets the opportunity. Fairest way that I can think of doing it.

In December we had to remove peaks but they weren’t fussy about shorts as long as you had something on to cover stephen and the twins.

binners

Sounds reasonable to me Harry. Will we all be going on for a re-hydration session afterwords in a local hostelry by any chance? Just a thought 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Northern Quarter for anyone who fancies a quick drink afterwards I guess. Theres nothing really in the area as such and it’d be quite late when everyones packed up 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Drinking before would be a very very bad idea. :mrgreen:

Getting closer to making the booking. The first HtN was easier to organise than this*.

If any of you lot pull out I’m shafted BTW!

*It wasn’t.

hora
    Free Member

No Im in. Even if I cant make it on the night its only a small loss to me (or others who couldn’t).

Harry_the_Spider

E-mails sent. Check you inboxes boys and girls.

Harry_the_Spider

Still waiting for a few of you to get back to me before I can book it.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just seen this after a couple of mad days.

Can I go on the reserve list if there are no places left please?

Harry_the_Spider

Drop me a line and you’re in!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Did you get my line Harry?

Harry_the_Spider

I did.

I’m waiting for the paperwork to arrive from the velodrome then I’ll be sending out e-mails to everyone.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hurrah!

Harry_the_Spider

Update.

Track booked and e-mails (complete with typo 🙄 ) sent out to the lucky 16. There is a small reserve list should one of the chosen few not come up with the cash or be struck down by a falling piano / bus / stuffed bear.

From STW we have:

Harry the Spider (that’ll be me)
    Derek Starship
    Binners
    Hora
    HP Source
    Coleman
    Mr Chrispy
    Rusty Spanner
    John Climber

I’ve dropped Richpips a line and he may be along with his camera to capture moments of awesomeness, puking, death by impalement and acts of sexual dynamite enthusiastically performed by Binners & Hora.

Harry_the_Spider

Booking made.

I just need the last couple of you to send be a tenner.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Velodrome taster session’ is closed to new replies.